FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

putting turbo in silverado?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya in 1st it will shift out after 5krpm, but thanks for helping me out randomhero, but am sure my dad is right, am just not understanding him right or listening lol but your probaly explaing the same thing my dad did but you made more understandable, he usaly is really good with vehicles and knows what they are going to do and make sure they do it right lol, but am going to work with my dad when i get back, he owns his own bussniess hopfuly i can get my turbo in before winter starts
Old 07-19-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motormanimatt
ya in 1st it will shift out after 5krpm, but thanks for helping me out randomhero, but am sure my dad is right, am just not understanding him right or listening lol but your probaly explaing the same thing my dad did but you made more understandable, he usaly is really good with vehicles and knows what they are going to do and make sure they do it right lol, but am going to work with my dad when i get back, he owns his own bussniess hopfuly i can get my turbo in before winter starts
I'm sure your dad is a good man. You'll have to ask him exactly what they did to the transmission. Like we all said, there's a 99.9% chance it's the factory transmission just rebuilt. The chances of it being a transmission out of a 2500hd are extremely slim and you most likely wouldn't have the 1-2 hard shift issue(not to mention your truck would be a turd).
Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Very little actually makes me angry on an internet forum contrary to what my posts may suggest. I don't sit at a desk in a dark room with a single rusty old lamp shining over my head waiting to respond to internet truck forum posts.

You do realize that gears do not go in the transmission right? Technically there are transmission gears although it is extremely rare that people swap those out and certainly not cheap.

Your dad probably had some 3.73s or 4.10s put in the differential(the axle if you don't know what that is). ...
Are you sure? I thought you had rage issues, high blood pressure, & a rusty old lamp overhead... I think this has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard from you Mark. That 1st paragragh. Priceless.

Matt, in a differential you have a ring & pinion, often just called "gears". I can see how some confusion could be created. Trannies that have their gears replaced, are as Mark said BIG $$$. I don't even think they make em for a 4L60E. Only for a 400THM ( the parent to what is now the 4L80E, which is basically a 400 THM w/. electronics & overdrive). And even then, it only takes the 1st gear part of the "Big Tranny" from a 2.48 to a 2.75.
Your 4L60E has a 1st of 3.06.

Last edited by fastnblu; 07-19-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

lol. Type in sentences!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
lol. Type in sentences!
+1 you took my words
Old 07-19-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

You 2 jokers don't understand English or did I explain something you already knew?!?

Last edited by fastnblu; 07-19-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Are you sure? I thought you had rage issues, high blood pressure, & a rusty old lamp overhead... I think this has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard from you Mark. That 1st paragragh. Priceless.
Nah here's me reading the "new posts" on performancetrucks
Old 07-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

tomrrow ill talk to my dad i get it into details, but i know for sure something in with the gears or some thing has to do with being able to pull more, because my dad had the transmission special done for pulling heavy things, and my dad explained thats why it shifts hard out of first gear, lol but yet again i could be wrong, i think i got everyone confused, but ill talk to him more and trying to process it through my small brain and let you guys know so you guys arnt trying to look at a tranmission with a blind fold on and tryign to tell me bout it, lol am not giving you guys very good details, and sorry bout that
Old 07-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

lol is that really you????? lol i like the lotion bottle over to the right, i wonder what that is for? dry skin?
Old 07-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

oh btw do you play xbox live?

Quick Reply: putting turbo in silverado?