FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Quick fix for STS oil return cap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:35 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I need one of these!! When will you have more available?
TIM Z did your kit come with a SS braided return line? If not where did you get it and how much? Pretty sure mine is rubber.
BLUE 01 Hooked me up! The SS line was about 45-50 $ i cant quite remember,But it was definitley worth it. Has a swivel on the oil pump end and i even went to a hydrualic hose shop and got a Quick connect for hot fluid to replace the regular quick connect.I think it was about 109 inches long . That oil cap kicks ***! Darren is the man! Ive got piece of mind now.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will be 4 to 5 weeks before I will have time to make some more oil caps.
PM me if anyone is interested in a oil cap or SS oil lines.

Hey Timz, that motor is way to clean.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue 01
Great ideal TG02Z71

Like these
hotrod04 the 1st one is yours. It will be shipped out tomorrow.
I got it in the mail today and what a piece of art!!!!!!!!!!! This cap is so sweet. Great price and no kidding better then any oem. Darren know's his stuff. Thanks again...........
Old 04-20-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TIM Z

I know someone else with one of these! What a great product and piece of mind for a leak free oil system! Thanks again BLUE01 !!!!!!!!! THIS IS HOW THE KIT SHOULD COME!!

Is that an LS filler neck on yours with the billet cap? Looks shorter and at the same angle as the valve cover unlike the long truck filler neck.

Not to get off the subject here but how is it that the little STS fiber vent filter on your truck is soo clean? Mine looed like it took an oil bath as soon as I went over 5psi with my kit? I better check my ground wire again, looks like its grounded well but I think I should check it again.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
Not to get off the subject here but how is it that the little STS fiber vent filter on your truck is soo clean?
Mine was clean for the longest time. I could never figure out why. It turns out the solenoid valve didn't even work. Nice design.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Mine was clean for the longest time. I could never figure out why. It turns out the solenoid valve didn't even work. Nice design.
You said you removed yours right?? I think if that's the case I need to follow suit. Does it work ok without it?
I know...I'm such a follower.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I completely removed it. I just run a breather of the valve cover tube. Then I capped off the tube coming out of the throttle body. It works great, it pukes oil and everything. Not as much as others have described, but some. I should note though that I have check valve style PCV valve. If you do this and you have the orifice type then you'll probably see a lot more oil than me.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Yeah I completely removed it. I just run a breather of the valve cover tube. Then I capped off the tube coming out of the throttle body. It works great, it pukes oil and everything. Not as much as others have described, but some. I should note though that I have check valve style PCV valve. If you do this and you have the orifice type then you'll probably see a lot more oil than me.
But you still have the pressure switch right?
I tried a check valve type PCV and it seemed to make some strange sounds with it. Does yours?
Thanks for enlightening me Vanilla, by the way, what the F is that thing in your sig???
Old 04-20-2006, 06:54 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
Is that an LS filler neck on yours with the billet cap? Looks shorter and at the same angle as the valve cover unlike the long truck filler neck.

Not to get off the subject here but how is it that the little STS fiber vent filter on your truck is soo clean? Mine looed like it took an oil bath as soon as I went over 5psi with my kit? I better check my ground wire again, looks like its grounded well but I think I should check it again.
I just took off the oil filler and installed the cap right on the valve cover. No problems and it gets rid of a nother plastic peice! The Filter on my switch valve wourks great, NO OIL issues. But like i said i finally hooked my ground up right and it works great now! BTW i lost the little filter that goes in the white plastic holder so i just replaced it with a small filter from autozone.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:57 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Hey Timz, that motor is way to clean.[/QUOTE]
Thank you sir! It has to be clean to represent that nice oil cap!

Quick Reply: Quick fix for STS oil return cap.