FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

quick question about a procharger. 1500 obo good price

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question about a procharger. 1500 obo good price

ok. i got a 98 silverado. its got the 5.7 and im lookin to procharge because turbo is way over my bank funding. unless i rob them. which would work. if the earth stood still for a day. but. theres a guy in my area. selling a full kit. p1sc head. tubing, fuel pump. fmu(guessing that weird looking pressure regulator), intercooler and anything else. its a full kit. its used. of course id get a rebuild on it. freshen up the pipes. do all that. but... hes selling it for 1500 or best offer. its off a 95 pickup so i know theres 2 differences. first is how it mounts to the intake. the only difference is theres a carb hat with the older version. the other difference is on the mounting plate the idler pully is of different size but in the same area. so... would it be worth it. i need to act fast. because my friend said i could prolly knock him down to 1100 or lower. i got 500 cash that was gonna go into stocks for future house/truck mods... but... procharger is sexy...
Old 01-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy it
Old 01-17-2010, 02:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mangled03gmc
buy it
+1...
Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cams 98 silverado
its a full kit. its used. of course id get a rebuild on it...
As long as you don't have to rebuild the P-1SC, Do it!

If it needs to be rebuilt, skip it. A rebuild from Procharger could run you $800-900 so you'd be better off just finding another kit.

Rick

Last edited by Rick_Vor; 01-17-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great deal, but if you send it in to be rebuilt it will cost you a grand or more. brackets will cost 300-400 depending on how cool the guy is you talk to on the phone.but thats a steal of a price if its in good working condition. dont hesitant if your serious about it, at that price ita a steal.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a tough call. If you don't have alot of money to play with you may regret the purchase. In the end you're buying a head unit and intercooler since most everything else won't work with your Vortec engine over his TBI. I'd recomend checking into the cost of everything else you need first. You might be able to find a kit actually for a Vortec for around the same cost.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Launching!

i did a whole lot of research. this guy is kinda flaky. heres the ebay clicky
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROCH...Q5fAccessories

its also on craigslist. and i messaged this person in each place its for sale. one place he said he never used it personally hes just selling. other place he said came off his truck. i cant make heads or tales of it. ebay said he got it used and used it then selling it. so id be the third owner. i might as well just pass this one on. i asked my friends if i should offer something. they said with that much driving on it. no real history of it to our knowledge and most likely no rebuild. offer max 700 for the head and bracket. he didnt bite. and man... i had a nice *** dream during english today bout drivin around with a nice whistle under the hood. o well... if you guys see a p1 or d1 head for sale give me a heads up. hehe. head. i miss trans class... our teacher told us to put our two fingers in the verter to feel the stator. kid stuck his in and came out covered in trans. you better believe that our teacher made a certian comment about getting something wet. i mean yes. his fingers. wet with atf... heh. but thanks for your thoughts. i just need to save and wait til a 350 pops in then stroke it and blow it... lol. theres that humor again.