FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix 112 supporting mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It’s a custom Cam Motion that PatG spec’d for me. 214/222 .578 lift 114lsa. Very tame. I was looking at the Lingenfelter GT2-3 and the Vinci Trucker, as well.
Old 08-01-2024, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorH
It’s a custom Cam Motion that PatG spec’d for me. 214/222 .578 lift 114lsa. Very tame. I was looking at the Lingenfelter GT2-3 and the Vinci Trucker, as well.
I seen good reviews on the GT2-3
what long tubes and how did they fit
thank you…
Old 08-01-2024, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

I tried Speed Engineering first, and they solidly hit my front drive shaft. New engine mounts didn’t help. I went with Kooks 1 7/8” primaries and the off-road y. They clear the front driveshaft easily. I had my exhaust guy cut up the y and put a Flowmaster dual 3” to 4” merge in. I’m running 2 Hooker Maxflows in series. If you’re worried about it being loud, leave it 3”.
Old 08-01-2024, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TrevorH
I tried Speed Engineering first, and they solidly hit my front drive shaft. New engine mounts didn’t help. I went with Kooks 1 7/8” primaries and the off-road y. They clear the front driveshaft easily. I had my exhaust guy cut up the y and put a Flowmaster dual 3” to 4” merge in. I’m running 2 Hooker Maxflows in series. If you’re worried about it being loud, leave it 3”.
thank you…
Old 08-01-2024, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

You are welcome.
Old 08-01-2024, 11:36 PM
makes children cry

Received 432 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by terravast4
Those are snappy little ******* but they do like to get hot. I’d buy a cheap meth kit just to keep it cool and or a larger coolant tank
i'd argue that unless you're spraying directly into the plenum after the intercooler, meth ain't worth installing on a PD blower. assuming with a conventional pre-TB kit you first ensure that your spray completely atomizes prior to hitting the rotors (so as to not compress liquid through the lobes... which will strip their coating), the compression heats that air right back up before passing it through another heat exchanger that's ambient temp at best unless you also have an interchiller kit.

i'd put the meth money toward a plenum spacer that also improves the airflow out of the intercooler.

Originally Posted by BIG_KID
im planning on an additional IC to add to the one that comes in the kit…
why not just replace the front heat exchanger from the kit with one larger unit instead of finagling two small ones in there.
and technically (just for proper terminology), the 'intercooler' is inside the supercharger unit between the rotor pack & the heads; the heat exchanger up front simply cools down that second antifreeze system (not the intake air).

Originally Posted by BIG_KID
just wanting a reliable fun street truck. Is 450/500HP at the crank doable ?
should make that easily.
Old 08-01-2024, 11:46 PM
makes children cry

slap a 3.0" pulley on, and it'll move almost 850 CFM (minus your volumetric efficiencies & adiabiatic losses).
Old 08-02-2024, 04:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by _zebra
slap a 3.0" pulley on, and it'll move almost 850 CFM (minus your volumetric efficiencies & adiabiatic losses).
how is the pulley size determined? I measure 3.400” on the very outside of the pulley and 3.100” where the belt would ride with my calipers. I can get a picture if you need it
Old 08-02-2024, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

I have several pulleys on my shelf. The largest part of the pulley is about .2-.25” larger than the rated size. My 3.0 is about 3.2-3.25” at the largest part. You probably have a 3.2 pulley.

I agree that meth won’t cool it much, but it’s great for octane! I’m spraying 100% meth before the throttle body. Julio at Alky Control said that would be better on the rotors than a water mix.
Old 08-03-2024, 01:29 AM
makes children cry

well... i was gonna say unless it's worn off, the pulley has its size etched into the face.
then i pulled up pictures of radix 112 pullies, and they're apparently all and blank. that said, i'd go with Trevor's suggestion.

as for meth on a PD blower: yeah, you can usually get away with 100% because it'll atomize / evaporate much faster than washer fluid or mixes... it still ain't doing much for IATs, though. never sat & did the cost comparison of simply using Torco or mixing race gas for octane versus buying, tuning, & filling a meth setup that only accomplishes that same effect, but i have read plenty of stories where guys had to replace blue rotors because their coatings & seals wore out after spraying 50/50 mixes.

Quick Reply: Radix 112 supporting mods