FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix Extremely Conservative to say the least...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Former Moderator :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all Magna Charger is not as conservitive as it may sound, You have a Gibbs truck it uses the same 7 lb tune that the Magna Charger uses Exept the gibbs truck has no fuel pump and only has 5 LBS pulley so yes the gibbs truck is more conservitive than a Magna Charger kit. I will still bet that running 11.5 lbs of boost has put you on the low octane table or your running on the knock sensors. UNLESS YOUR RUNNING MOON SHINE AS A OCTANE BOOSTER
Old 08-27-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
First of all Magna Charger is not as conservitive as it may sound, You have a Gibbs truck it uses the same 7 lb tune that the Magna Charger uses Exept the gibbs truck has no fuel pump and only has 5 LBS pulley so yes the gibbs truck is more conservitive than a Magna Charger kit. I will still bet that running 11.5 lbs of boost has put you on the low octane table or your running on the knock sensors. UNLESS YOUR RUNNING MOON SHINE AS A OCTANE BOOSTER

Now.....THAT'S an idea!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
This is not about where you live it is about keeping things together! I live in state that I can breathe the air in, and pump 3.29 91 octane at every gas station

I will tell you what I was just in your area, and it is BEAuTIFUL! But I will take California weather, Smog stations, high priced gas, the Governator, Gun Laws, Clean Beaches, and High Property prices over the Hummidity!!
If you haven't ever been to the deep south in august you don't know what 95 deg. is @ 95% humidity. Just a reminider that my JGP is not a FI motor it was a NA package 4.8 5speed and I added the radix.
BlownChevy I wish I could tour the US and get paid for it!
By the way the most I ever Paid for 93 is 2.69 and that was last week.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:46 AM
.T.
TECH Resident

I can understand why the superchargers come with a fairly conservative program and pulley.

What I can't understand is why the manufacturers ie Mag and Whip, don't offer a Hot Package, for those of us who are looking for more power and speed.

Beyond the cost of the blower, I'm into another $3,000 now, putting together cam,TB,headers,springs,etc,etc,etc.... If there'd been a "recommended" kit or package that I could have bought directly from Whipple, which they'd tested and proved to produce great HP/TQ, I'd have bought it all at once.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I should've bought an intercooled Radix, to start. Whipple is impossible to communicate with! I've been trying to purchase a smaller pulley for over two weeks now, and they don't reply! Forget about an intercooler kit!

At least, Magnuson offers these things and Nelson also supplies pulleys.

Live and learn. I do love my supercharger but it's a real PIA to deal with Whipple. Hey BlownChevy, you guys take trade-ins?
Old 08-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Former Moderator :(

Put a smaller pulley on it and have it Custom tuned on the dyno by someone that knows what they are doing and the HP gains will be more than if you were to just purchase a so called Hot tune from Magna Charger and it probally would'nt cost any more.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
Put a smaller pulley on it and have it Custom tuned on the dyno by someone that knows what they are doing and the HP gains will be more than if you were to just purchase a so called Hot tune from Magna Charger and it probally would'nt cost any more.
That is what I'm doing. I hope to have some dyno #'s after the tune for you guys this weekend. Check out the sig update.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anybody with a 4.8L thinking they have an LS series engine should start again. try LR series. it's a gen III small block and not a car engine. LS series is LS1, LS2, LS6, and LS7. all aluminum block passenger car versions of the gen III small block.

as for the radix, i agree about the responsible power. for most the radix kit as it comes is quite enough. for those that want more, you simply customize until your hearts content. if they sold them with a 2.8 pulley and programming to go with it someone would still try to modify it for more. the idea for them is to give you the base to go from and let you chose how far you want to take it. not only is carb certification involved, but many other states have emissions testing that would make performance programming anything but easy to get passed the sniffer.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

anybody with a 4.8L thinking they have an LS series engine should start again. try LR series. it's a gen III small block and not a car engine. LS series is LS1, LS2, LS6, and LS7. all aluminum block passenger car versions of the gen III small block.

Can anybody say ****?

I understand what manasun does I just wish there was 2 options.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:43 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward

noted
Old 09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward

Can anybody say ****?

**** or just correct? remember, you drive a truck, not a corvette.

Quick Reply: Radix Extremely Conservative to say the least...