FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix info for the 8.1L?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radix info for the 8.1L?

Just looking around at the guys who make FI kits for the 8.1L and wondering if there are any plans at all of Magnuson ever doing anything for us Big Block guys?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:56 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
Just looking around at the guys who make FI kits for the 8.1L and wondering if there are any plans at all of Magnuson ever doing anything for us Big Block guys?
I dont know of any blower manifolds for it, but if you could have one made
tha would certainly rock!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:58 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

looks like whipple sells a marine blower manifold, maybe you can use that
Old 08-24-2006, 11:21 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Magnsuon is LOOKING into the big block stuff. I am not sure how far out it is at this point....Its just a ink stain on the grease board at this point.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how does maggie do market research on how many big block customers would be interested in such an upgrade? obviously the SB world is easy (sort of) to make an educated guess on, market is loaded with them, but BB's? WOuld be F-ing cool though.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you not happy with the whipple charger? Try a rear mount turbo setup and use efilive to tune it. That would be a great setup since you already have a great front mount intercooler for it.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moregrip
looks like whipple sells a marine blower manifold, maybe you can use that
I was thinking that too, but i would have quite a job ahead of me getting belts lined up, i doubt that manifold would allow the blower to be mounted where it would be in line with the rest of the pulleys. I am not sure if the "snout kits'' bolt on to my blower or not. I would love to at least see a manifold kit like the Radix or the new Kenne Bell's have. Just must not be enough demand for them.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Danville Performance
Are you not happy with the whipple charger? Try a rear mount turbo setup and use efilive to tune it. That would be a great setup since you already have a great front mount intercooler for it.
I am happy with the Whipple, i am just always looking for new idea's. Kind of like marrying a supermodel......your still looking at the chicks walking down the street, even though you have a supermodel sleeping in bed next to you... Not that i am saying the whipple is analogis to a supermodel or anything...LOL. As far as the front mount I/C, that is coming out this weekend and soon to be replaced with an A2W intercooler.... hopefully. It was a great charge cooler, but left me with some semi-undesireable ECT's. Never overheated mind you, just aproaching the 205* mark with a 160* stat in there, and i didnt like that. I think Vernon may buy the kit from me and give a shot.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
how does maggie do market research on how many big block customers would be interested in such an upgrade? obviously the SB world is easy (sort of) to make an educated guess on, market is loaded with them, but BB's? WOuld be F-ing cool though.

It has never been an issue of Market demand, it has been the fact the the Mp112 is a bit small for the 8.1L motors.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
It has never been an issue of Market demand, it has been the fact the the Mp112 is a bit small for the 8.1L motors.
The 122HH ought to fit the bill I would think

Quick Reply: Radix info for the 8.1L?