FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix and Mod Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 02:45 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Radix and Mod Results

What have been the best mods used to compliment your radix? Dyno results? Track results?
Old 10-09-2005, 02:49 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LPE GTII-3 cam, not sure on the track results but I got 44 rwhp from it...
Old 10-09-2005, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Thats the cam Im going wth for sure. I have seen your results with your crew cab going 13.4.

What do you think about meth injection, 6.0 heads, and a smaller pulley. I want to run 12's!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Airaid

I got 15.7 HP from an airaid 200-112 CAI over the OE box.
Go back to 17" rims and tires and you will gain there too. Never been a fan of the big blinging rims. They look out of proportion to me. And the MPG, performance and braking they drain is a shame too. Not to mention what they cost.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my continuing and failing effort to leave my truck alone I have some questions.

What kind of torque gains/losses does this cam provide? Is there a better option for torque minded gains that also produce a decent amount of horse power? Maybe I wont have to worry too much about torque because of the radix......

I know that cam selection with the Radix is extremely important. Especially in my case.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:27 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by OCBC
In my continuing and failing effort to leave my truck alone I have some questions.

What kind of torque gains/losses does this cam provide? Is there a better option for torque minded gains that also produce a decent amount of horse power? Maybe I wont have to worry too much about torque because of the radix......

I know that cam selection with the Radix is extremely important. Especially in my case.

I can tell you this.....At the time we installed the cam I ran out and jumped all over the truck.....and I was not impressed (at first). Once I got done cleaning up and headed out for my 100 mile drive home I opened it up on the highway and about pooped myself. I got the cam so I could have the top end freeway power for pulling on unsuspecting suckers. I would have to say that there was little to NO low end loss, and a TON of top end gain....the truck pulls ALL THE WAY to 6000+ rpm now. I can get Jeff to lay our dyno pulls over each other to give you a visual of the differenc if you would like. ( I think he can do that)
Old 10-09-2005, 09:35 PM
blownerator

let me add that John Lingenfelter designed this cam for the Magnuson Supercharger....and that man knew his stuff!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:46 PM

I can tell you this.....At the time we installed the cam I ran out and jumped all over the truck.....and I was not impressed (at first). Once I got done cleaning up and headed out for my 100 mile drive home I opened it up on the highway and about pooped myself. I got the cam so I could have the top end freeway power for pulling on unsuspecting suckers. I would have to say that there was little to NO low end loss, and a TON of top end gain....the truck pulls ALL THE WAY to 6000+ rpm now. I can get Jeff to lay our dyno pulls over each other to give you a visual of the differenc if you would like. ( I think he can do that)
I would like to see the dynographs if possible.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the specs on that cam? And, Where can I get one? I need a link 'cause I never heard of the company before.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by therock
Never been a fan of the big blinging rims. They look out of proportion to me. And the MPG, performance and braking they drain is a shame too. Not to mention what they cost.
Just when I was starting to like you.......

Quick Reply: Radix and Mod Results