FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix and Mod Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Sorry?

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Just when I was starting to like you.......
I can be a curmudgeon at times. Keep in mind I am a 51 year old fart. Do we have an Icon for "Foot In Mouth" or "Old Fart"? My opinion on the large wheels is only limited to a few like me I am sure. The wheels are popular to the masses and are everywhere.
I had to listen to the same thing in 1971 when I was a long haired hippy with hip hugger jeans, tank top, sandals, wearing beads, driving an econo line van lined with **** carpet.
Now things are full circle especially when I see all the head and body piercing going on.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian,
I also would like to see the dyno graphs.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I can tell you this.....At the time we installed the cam I ran out and jumped all over the truck.....and I was not impressed (at first). Once I got done cleaning up and headed out for my 100 mile drive home I opened it up on the highway and about pooped myself. I got the cam so I could have the top end freeway power for pulling on unsuspecting suckers. I would have to say that there was little to NO low end loss, and a TON of top end gain....the truck pulls ALL THE WAY to 6000+ rpm now. I can get Jeff to lay our dyno pulls over each other to give you a visual of the differenc if you would like. ( I think he can do that)

Are you guys using SAE, or the corrected numbers?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by therock
I can be a curmudgeon at times. Keep in mind I am a 51 year old fart. Do we have an Icon for "Foot In Mouth" or "Old Fart"? My opinion on the large wheels is only limited to a few like me I am sure. The wheels are popular to the masses and are everywhere.
I had to listen to the same thing in 1971 when I was a long haired hippy with hip hugger jeans, tank top, sandals, wearing beads, driving an econo line van lined with **** carpet.
Now things are full circle especially when I see all the head and body piercing going on.
I like 18's.... even 20's, but I agree on the big one's.... the 24's etc. They don't look right to me. And I agree witchu that this may be, to some extent, an age dependent thing. I still tend to think of a long-haired bearded guy as an compatriot and that is OFTEN not the case anymore. Often just the opposite in fact.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by therock
I'm just ribbin ya. At work there are 2 others with a Tahoe, same color as mine, one with 20's, one with the 22's I used to run and mine on 24's. Line them all up and mine looks the best by far. The look is not for everybody. But keep an eye on the stock trucks. Denali’s come on 20's as do Rams and the SRT-10 is on 22's. The bigger rims/tires fill out the wheel well better. You're not alone however; my wife thinks they're stupid to. No apologies needed.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

1SlowHoe,

A bit OT, but those palm trees in your front yard look like they spent a night in a bad neighborhood. Is that hurricane damage, or do people trim them back like that?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just had them put in a month ago. There was no green on top at all when we got them. I was told it helps them take root better if there is nothing on top. Next year they'll look better, I hope. The one on the far right hasn't made any progress.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Heh Heh...

...one thing that seems to have kept the age\generation gap bridged is the drive for performance.