FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Radix numbers

Went up TTP were I get my car dynoed and had them dyno and check out the tune.

Pre-blower the truck did 232HP & 275FT-LBS. This was with an filter intake
and exhaust mufflers. I realize this is low for a 6.0L but oh well, at least
this is my baseline.

First, seeing as we didn't here any knock coming from the engine bay on the dyno, we verified the knock we were reading via the PCM was false.

As such, we desensitized the sensors slightly and were able to get rid of all the WOT knock.

With the blower, the truck only did a best of 285 HP & 350 FT-LBS

With the widband, we noticed that I was still lean for FI (13.0), even with the magnacharger tune, so Matt richened it up for me for saftey to around 12.0

This resulted in 307 HP & 353 FT-LBS. We then tried to bump the timing up to 18* but the truck didn't like that so, Matt left left timing at the 16* per the Magnacharger tune.

We saw close to 7 lbs on the dyno and I thought the good rule of thumb was 20HP/TQ per LBS of boost, but with my numbers, it seems like I am only getting 10Hp/10Ft-Lbs per LB.

Now, I realize it's hard to get exactly 140HP 140FT-LBS, but only 55HP, 70
FT-LBS to start and then 75/75? That's still extremely low? I know other factors would reduce my gains, like the heat and my slightly larger tires (295s versus 265s) but I would have expected closer to 100 to 110 HP/TQ gains then.

Do 4WD suck up more and are rated different, maybe?

Obviously I have to say that I am very dissapointed with the results.

So what next?

I am reading good boost but could I be leaking at a place afterwards?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:29 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As I stated in the other thread that you brought back from the dead. If it is that lean with the stock magnuson calibration then you have a mecnahical issue. There is no way that the Magnuson calibration is going to let your truck run 13.0.

Who installed the kit?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:31 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do 4WD suck up more and are rated different, maybe?
Uh, yup! I figure about 28% drive train loss, more for 4L80e.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
As I stated in the other thread that you brought back from the dead. If it is that lean with the stock magnuson calibration then you have a mecnahical issue. There is no way that the Magnuson calibration is going to let your truck run 13.0.

Who installed the kit?
I installed the kit. Triple check myself and everything. As I stated in my old thread too, fuel filter is new, fuel pressure is 50-55 normally, 60 under WOT.

What mechanical issues can I have if we changed the fuel enrichment and it richened it up and it picked up power?

Am I supposed to be richer than 12.0?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:42 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by BLASTER
I installed the kit. Triple check myself and everything. As I stated in my old thread too, fuel filter is new, fuel pressure is 50-55 normally, 60 under WOT.

What mechanical issues can I have if we changed the fuel enrichment and it richened it up and it picked up power?

Am I supposed to be richer than 12.0?
you never answerd all of the questions in the last thread: This is from April.

sounds to me like you are tuning around a possible mechanical problem. I have perosnally installed hundreds of these kits and never once seen an issue with knock (even on cali gas). I think you need to take a step back and check some of the obvious things......

Make sure your manifold is tq'd down to 89 inch pounds

Are you using the stock MAF

Headers? This would make it run lean

Air intake? This would makeit run lean

Vaccum leak?

I noticed that back in January you had a dyno done and the truck was lean on the stock calibration.....Sounds to me like there is a hidden machanical issue. Have you changed the fuel filter?
What are the other mods that you may have that are not listed?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trever1t
Uh, yup! I figure about 28% drive train loss, more for 4L80e.
Well, I do have the 4L80 so what would the hp/tq per lbs by then?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

you never answerd all of the questions in the last thread: This is from April.
Intake bolts are torqued down in a criss cross pattern to spec (meaning 89 in-lbs) I double checked this too.

My ONLY other mods are a K&N conical filter (instead of the stock air box) and 3" dual exhaust with X pipe (off of the stock manifolds & stock cats)

New GM Delco Fuel Filter installed at time of blower install.
Clean STOCK MAF with screen
Old 08-05-2006, 12:00 PM
blownerator

To take a step back would be a good thing. Here is the way I see it, there are thousands of trucks running on the SAME calibration as you. Thousands of them are making the advertised power or MORE. The numbers are what I am looking at, yes you made poor power, yes you are not happy, yes Magnuson and myself have tried to help you.....and per your statement you have tried everything. The only think I can suggest is getting the truck to someone that has experiance with the product and going from there. There MIGHT be a problem with the hardware itself, you never know. I am suspect a post MAF leak, this would be the first thing I looked for if that truck was in my shop.

I can only suggest things, I cant put my hands on the truck since you are 3000 miles away. If you want to take a nice drive to sunny so cal, I will be more than happy to take a look at it for ya!
Old 08-05-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with BlownChevy on this one, there must be some other problems
with your truck, even before the Radix your truck was low on power.

I have a 5.3 4x4 with a Radix and it makes 388hp and 424tq at the wheels,
before the Radix it made 225hp and 255tq at the wheels in completely stock
trim with only 745miles on it since new.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

To take a step back would be a good thing. Here is the way I see it, there are thousands of trucks running on the SAME calibration as you. Thousands of them are making the advertised power or MORE. The numbers are what I am looking at, yes you made poor power, yes you are not happy, yes Magnuson and myself have tried to help you.....and per your statement you have tried everything. The only think I can suggest is getting the truck to someone that has experiance with the product and going from there. There MIGHT be a problem with the hardware itself, you never know. I am suspect a post MAF leak, this would be the first thing I looked for if that truck was in my shop.

I can only suggest things, I cant put my hands on the truck since you are 3000 miles away. If you want to take a nice drive to sunny so cal, I will be more than happy to take a look at it for ya!
Thanks for the offer. I'll check out for leak. Should I get a new stock MAF?

BTW, Are the compression test results normal? Was going to do a leak down but they seemed alright so I deferred.

Quick Reply: Radix numbers