Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No secrets!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was asked towards the top of this post but nobody has said anything. Is there anyplace to spray meth after the rotors and if so how about a picture and maybe a small right up
Thanks
Old 04-21-2006, 09:16 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by krambo
No secrets!
It's about you!

hahaha
Old 04-21-2006, 09:18 AM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by billreid1@***.net
Anyone removed the supercharger from the manifold? Maybe see how much room there is and perhaps run a spray bar or 2 across the top of the intercooler "core"... just thinking inside or outside the box... depending on your perspective
This is the only suggestion so far - it's worth lookin into, I'm sure that someone could fab up a custom piece, but it probably would be expensive as hell....
Old 04-21-2006, 09:42 AM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Why not just have the coating stripped off and forget about it. I mean, you're spraying meth already and you're not going to stop. Will Magnuson strip the rotors? Of course the clearances won't be as tight with out the coating, but then again you won't have a clogged IC.

I think any coating the egr puts on the rotors, the meth will just strip it off, hence the errosion.
Magnuson won't strip the rotors - and from what I've heard, any attempt to strip the rotors with sandblasting will end up ruining the bearings sooner or later...I may end up having a new rotor pack installed and just forget about the meth unless I can find a way to spray it after the rotors.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:16 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys it is plain and simple, I have been asked the question 1000 times about meth and nitrous through the blower....and EACH time I tell you guys that the adverse effects have not been seen YET......Well we have now seen the YET. Spraying a corrosive through a supercharger is eventually going to catch up with you. The turbo guys have it easy, but can you imagine how long the turbo would last with meth or nitrous going through it?

I am sorry to say, if you play you gotta pay. Such is life in racing!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that your blower has 80,000+ miles on it would it???
seriously? do you have 80k on her? how many of those miles was meth going through it?

what would be the deteriation percentage? if you could ask such a question, you know what I mean? If all 80k or close to it was meth'ed and your coating was just a "little" wore out, like 10% deteriation, whoopty-do I say. It's an high performance part and all of us should figure to put some dough back into it around 80 to 100k miles, meth or no meth.

What % of meth to water are you running. About how often are you into the meth, how many miles does a gallon of what %meth to what%water last ya? You had IAT prob's? How long have you been using the meth before the problem? With meth what's your typical IAT's? without meth?

I am just wondering if stripping causes your IAT's to go up (effiency to go down) what is the plus/minus of having meth or not versus coated or uncoated. There's a run on thought. I just ask, cuz if someone is running less meth to water with ample IAT reduction results, it will obviously affect their outcome much differently than yours(concerning the rotors). The meth is for octane rating, water is for cooling...so raise your water rate if you are heavy on the meth.

Ofcourse if somebody has a legitimate suggestion for meth after the rotors, I don't have any questions besides where can I get that setup?
Old 04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by BlownChevy

I am sorry to say, if you play you gotta pay. Such is life in racing!
I just want to raise the point that each scenario is gonna have different outcomes at different rates...which is why I am sure magna,kenne bell, and ect won't waste any $ in researching such a thing and your common answer for the question is meth and nitrous is corrosive, no matter how you compute it. Just how it is.

Hey at least your pistons tops will be clean as a ****!
Old 04-21-2006, 10:35 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
seriously? do you have 80k on her? how many of those miles was meth going through it?

what would be the deteriation percentage? if you could ask such a question, you know what I mean? If all 80k or close to it was meth'ed and your coating was just a "little" wore out, like 10% deteriation, whoopty-do I say. It's an high performance part and all of us should figure to put some dough back into it around 80 to 100k miles, meth or no meth.

What % of meth to water are you running. About how often are you into the meth, how many miles does a gallon of what %meth to what%water last ya? You had IAT prob's? How long have you been using the meth before the problem? With meth what's your typical IAT's? without meth?

I am just wondering if stripping causes your IAT's to go up (effiency to go down) what is the plus/minus of having meth or not versus coated or uncoated. There's a run on thought. I just ask, cuz if someone is running less meth to water with ample IAT reduction results, it will obviously affect their outcome much differently than yours(concerning the rotors). The meth is for octane rating, water is for cooling...so raise your water rate if you are heavy on the meth.

Ofcourse if somebody has a legitimate suggestion for meth after the rotors, I don't have any questions besides where can I get that setup?
Good point, if that blower has 80K on it, it was time to rebuild it anyhow.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunder550
This is the only suggestion so far - it's worth lookin into, I'm sure that someone could fab up a custom piece, but it probably would be expensive as hell....
A few one-off's would be expensive... definitely volume would be needed to bring costs down.

Again, I haven't split the manifold and blower apart so I don't know what kind of room there is underneath there. Saying that, I wonder if a billet aluminum or perhaps even a phenolic spacer could be added between the intake manifold itself and the supercharger. Then you could run a couple of spray bars strategically located without permanent modifications to the blower case or the manifold. Hell, if one wanted to get fancy you could run Nitrous as well, or, one or the other. Granted, this would increase the overall height, by say, a 1/2" (maybe a new belt too) but don't the trucks have plenty of hood clearance? I don't know the clearances or flow characteristics of the intake manifold itself so I don't know if this is even feasible.

Just some more thoughts...

Bill

Quick Reply: Radix rotor coating & meth