FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix w/ 2 Bar MAP Sensor Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
I have a Wester's tune which is good for towing and for overall performance. Are the Wester's tunes this type of tune? I have not heard of this before. May have to look into as I live right in Edmonton.

Thanks

Derrick
Give Nolan at Cambell Automotive a call. He sounds knowledgeable.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by m7 rocket
Give Nolan at Cambell Automotive a call. He sounds knowledgeable.
I tried this morning. Unfortunately they were closed, so will try Monday. They are only open on Mon - Friday 8 - 5:30 or so. Nice website though
http://www.campbellautomotive.com/
Check out their twin turbo Tahoe - I am going to post a link as it looks like something else!

May be visiting them for a couple of tunes, and maybe a turbo for my 5.3 Yukon.

Thanks

D
Old 06-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Correct. The 2-bar uses a 0-5V signal just like the 1-bar sensor, linearly scaled. 4V on the 1 bar = 80kPa. 4V on the 2 bar = 160kPa. Make sense? You can get away with running your current OS with the 2Bar, it is just a bit more complicated than using a custom OS, and leaves you with a bit less precision. As long as you have your MAF hooked up, you won't notice any issues with the decrease in precision.

A 2 bar tune is definitely a bit safer. If your MAF fails and you default into VE mode, then you still have accurate fueling in boost, whereas with a 1 bar sensor, once you hit boost the PCM has no idea what to provide for fueling.

Another benefit is you can go to an SD tune on a boosted vehicle, which has a whole plethora of benefits (and a few drawbacks).

BTW, I can help you get rolling with a 2 bar tune if you want. Do you have EFI Live Personal or Commercial?
I have commercial I think. I got 2 licenses with it. I got the more expensive one but not the unlimited version. I will be back in the USA in mid July and will be getting the exhaust and wideband done and then I will be looking into the 2bar. How much is the sensor itself and what is the part number? You messed up by offering to help because now I'm gonna bother you when I get it ready.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
I have commercial I think. I got 2 licenses with it. I got the more expensive one but not the unlimited version. I will be back in the USA in mid July and will be getting the exhaust and wideband done and then I will be looking into the 2bar. How much is the sensor itself and what is the part number? You messed up by offering to help because now I'm gonna bother you when I get it ready.
Didn't mess up at all, glad to help

So you spend $850 on it and got the commercial version. Perfect, you have the ability to do a full flash and change to the custom OS, which is quite nice from what I hear. Boost VE, dual SD spark maps, semi-closed loop (Ben @EFI101 is getting 16mpg out of a 2500 HD 6.0L with this) and more.

I'm not sure on the exact part number of the MAP. I swapped mine a long time ago and forgot. It has been posted around here before as well as forum.efilive.com, so it should be easy to find. Price was in the 50-100 range if I remember correctly.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:07 PM

Cool. I will get with you when I get close to doing all this. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
I tried this morning. Unfortunately they were closed, so will try Monday. They are only open on Mon - Friday 8 - 5:30 or so. Nice website though
http://www.campbellautomotive.com/
Check out their twin turbo Tahoe - I am going to post a link as it looks like something else!

May be visiting them for a couple of tunes, and maybe a turbo for my 5.3 Yukon.

Thanks

D
I just found out that Nolan @ Campbell works Wednesday to Friday only so you should wait till then to call him. I talked to others there and they were ok, but advised waiting and talking to Nolan.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
The part number for the 2 bar map is 12580698. You can get it from gmpartsdirect for about $45. Its a direct fit.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
You can get it from gmpartsdirect
as long as you don't wait until the last second, they suck! They're a few online parts retailers that can ship it to you in a few days if you don't mind th extra 3-5 bucks over gmpartsdirectwetakeforeveranddon'tcommunicatewithy ou.com.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by kbracing96
The part number for the 2 bar map is 12580698. You can get it from gmpartsdirect for about $45. Its a direct fit.
GM part 12580698 (AC Delco #213-1631) I looked this up before I saw your post. $51.56 with shipping. Just placed my order.

Last edited by 1SlowHoe; 06-11-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
gmpartsdirectwetakeforeveranddon'tcommunicatewithy ou.com.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Quick Reply: Radix w/ 2 Bar MAP Sensor Tuning