FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix w/ 2 Bar MAP Sensor Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 05:02 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by m7 rocket
Very good info here guys keep it coming!! But....how does a wideband actually work though.
Read this thread

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...light=wideband
Old 06-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks thunder550, that is exactly what info i needed to put this to rest in my mind. I should have just searched and been done.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:10 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by m7 rocket
Thanks thunder550, that is exactly what info i needed to put this to rest in my mind. I should have just searched and been done.
No problem
Old 06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I don't think westers does 2 bar. When I talked to them about some take off MAPs they had for sale to see if they where 1 or 2 bar, they told me that you don't need 2 bar with FI. .
I talked directly with Lyndon this afternoon, and in his opinion 2 bar tuning is not required until one gets to about 20 psi or so. His opinion was that the trick was to get the air/fuel ratio correct in the tune, and that one bar would therefore suffice.

At any rate, I am booked for July 5 with Nolan at Campbell Automotive to get a tune done on my regular PCM (I bought a separate PCM from Westers when I purchased the tune - in case I did not like the tune and wanted to change back away from home). So I get to be the guinea pig between the competing methodologies - will be curious to see the difference in mileage, jam, etc, between the two tunes.

And Lyndon is in agreement with most others on this thread that for gas engines, there is no need to be concerned about EGT. In his opinion, one would get pinging long before had to worry about EGT level. So it is good to see agreement there.

Hats off to tuning wizards all around - they make our lives more fun!

D
Old 06-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
I talked directly with Lyndon this afternoon, and in his opinion 2 bar tuning is not required until one gets to about 20 psi or so. His opinion was that the trick was to get the air/fuel ratio correct in the tune, and that one bar would therefore suffice.

At any rate, I am booked for July 5 with Nolan at Campbell Automotive to get a tune done on my regular PCM (I bought a separate PCM from Westers when I purchased the tune - in case I did not like the tune and wanted to change back away from home). So I get to be the guinea pig between the competing methodologies - will be curious to see the difference in mileage, jam, etc, between the two tunes.

And Lyndon is in agreement with most others on this thread that for gas engines, there is no need to be concerned about EGT. In his opinion, one would get pinging long before had to worry about EGT level. So it is good to see agreement there.

Hats off to tuning wizards all around - they make our lives more fun!

D

The thing I don't understand about this: "2 bar tuning is not required until one gets to about 20 psi or so". A 2 bar only goes to 14.7 psi? So once again the tune will not see any change from 14 psi and up. (then you need 3 bar tuning) I do believe the 1 bar tune does work ok, but 2 bar is better if your in boost because you have tunability in every boost point from 1-14.9 psi.

IMO

Mark
Old 06-16-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 0260IN3
The thing I don't understand about this: "2 bar tuning is not required until one gets to about 20 psi or so". A 2 bar only goes to 14.7 psi? So once again the tune will not see any change from 14 psi and up. (then you need 3 bar tuning) I do believe the 1 bar tune does work ok, but 2 bar is better if your in boost because you have tunability in every boost point from 1-14.9 psi.

IMO

Mark

And I cannot wait to find out, as I show my neighbor, BlownEscalade, my rear license plate at the Friday night drags!

See you guys on the 5th, looking forward to it bigtime!

D

p.s. I may have to pay you guys extra to give him a lousy tune, in case he gets wise to what I have done and comes to see you too.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Teching In

And I cannot wait to find out, as I show my neighbor, BlownEscalade, my rear license plate at the Friday night drags!

See you guys on the 5th, looking forward to it bigtime!

D

p.s. I may have to pay you guys extra to give him a lousy tune, in case he gets wise to what I have done and comes to see you too.

The big deal with the 2 bar tune is the drivability gains. The wide open throttle power will not change much, but the transition into boost and the control of fueling in boost will be so much better with the 2 bar setup.

You'll like the way it works!!
Old 06-16-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

The big deal with the 2 bar tune is the drivability gains. The wide open throttle power will not change much, but the transition into boost and the control of fueling in boost will be so much better with the 2 bar setup.

You'll like the way it works!!
So then if I understand things correctly then, I will therefore spend less money on fuel, hence having MORE MONEY TO SPEND ON MODS - YAHOOOOOOOO

D

p.s. still willing to pay you extra to give my neighbor a lousy tune if he comes in LOL! Need some edge to make up for the 1000lb weight difference (with driver). I did have salad instead of fries at lunch today....
Old 06-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Teching In

p.s. still willing to pay you extra to give my neighbor a lousy tune if he comes in LOL! Need some edge to make up for the 1000lb weight difference (with driver). I did have salad instead of fries at lunch today....

I'm open for negotiation. LOL
Old 06-16-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

I'm open for negotiation. LOL
Excellent. I will structure my bribe in 1/4 second increments, so that the more I trounce him by the more you will get paid off

Quick Reply: Radix w/ 2 Bar MAP Sensor Tuning