FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix w/ 2 Bar MAP Sensor Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't read this whole thread, changes topic on me too much (bad case of ADD here) LOL, but turboberserker gives a great explanation about it all. Granted he is trying to sell the mafless (SD) idea, hence the thread topic.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=367876

I have the radix, 2bar, and have been ve tuning off and on for a few days now. Awesome resolution, it is plainly obvious to me how much more control I have over fueling. Some will say you could just do it with the maf though...no way, 2 bar ve and what map you are in is awesome.

0260IN3, in your above post about psi,I believe you are confusing psi and boost if I am reading your post correctly.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I haven't read this whole thread, changes topic on me too much (bad case of ADD here) LOL, but turboberserker gives a great explanation about it all. Granted he is trying to sell the mafless (SD) idea, hence the thread topic.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=367876

I have the radix, 2bar, and have been ve tuning off and on for a few days now. Awesome resolution, it is plainly obvious to me how much more control I have over fueling. Some will say you could just do it with the maf though...no way, 2 bar ve and what map you are in is awesome.

0260IN3, in your above post about psi,I believe you are confusing psi and boost if I am reading your post correctly.

PSI=BOOST Same thing in my books. Sorry if it sounds confusing as I blabber on.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 0260IN3
PSI=BOOST Same thing in my books. Sorry if it sounds confusing as I blabber on.
Actually I think I am the source of confusion here - Lyndon actually was referrting to vehicles not requiring 2 bar tuning until they were running about 20 lbs of boost.

Sorry about that.

D
Old 06-19-2006, 03:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally I would leave your truck alone....I mean you use it for towing right? Why would you need the 2 bar map sensor and the calibration to go with it. The MAF is more than capeable of keeping up with 95% of the trucks on this site. I have seen ALOT of HP made on a stock MAF before it becomes an issue.

If I were you, I would leave it alone and tow tow tow away your days!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Personally I would leave your truck alone....I mean you use it for towing right? Why would you need the 2 bar map sensor and the calibration to go with it. The MAF is more than capeable of keeping up with 95% of the trucks on this site. I have seen ALOT of HP made on a stock MAF before it becomes an issue.

If I were you, I would leave it alone and tow tow tow away your days!
I am curious to see if I can get a bit better mileage both towing and non-towing. Any any extra performance will be a bonus too (although I may be maxed out already.

Additionally I am quite excited to have a speed shop into tuning so close to where I live so am anxious to start working with Mark and Nolan on my vehicles.

D
Old 06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Blowndenalixl
I am curious to see if I can get a bit better mileage both towing and non-towing. Any any extra performance will be a bonus too (although I may be maxed out already.

Additionally I am quite excited to have a speed shop into tuning so close to where I live so am anxious to start working with Mark and Nolan on my vehicles.

D

I understand your excitement finding a tuner shop so close to home! Its always nice to have that available.

I just dont see how one could tune better then the MAF is going to respond. You could probably get the same power with a dyno tune,and save yourself the expense/headache of the 2bar.

Again, Just my .02.

Blown364 is running deep in the 11's on the stock MAF, and I have a feeling be may be the first Radix truck in the 10's soon.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

can't you have both...MAF and 2 bar?
Old 06-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Teching In

I understand your excitement finding a tuner shop so close to home! Its always nice to have that available.

I just dont see how one could tune better then the MAF is going to respond. You could probably get the same power with a dyno tune,and save yourself the expense/headache of the 2bar.

Again, Just my .02.

Blown364 is running deep in the 11's on the stock MAF, and I have a feeling be may be the first Radix truck in the 10's soon.

The 2 bar tune is not about the power, and that has been said several times in this thread.

The 2 bar tune is about the resolution in the tune. There is no doubt the MAF can make good power, but it can't be tuned as finite as the 2 bar can be. The 2 bar sees all the different boost levels not just grams/sec of air flow, that can be maxed out with enough air flow from a blown or turbo application.

I belive for Blowndenalixl it's about milage and better tune under towing conditions, not max power.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Launching!

What is the headache part of this mod in your opinion. I see it as drop the truck off at 8 am and pick it up at 5 pm. I am not looking for any more power either with this mod, just fuel economy with no other losses. Please inform me if I am missing something.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:52 PM
blownerator

The headache would be if you were attempting to tune this on your own, I must have missed the part where you were having it done.

Hey if you got the money, they have the time.....Please keep us posted on the results.

Quick Reply: Radix w/ 2 Bar MAP Sensor Tuning