FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Rotrex blowers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
If they're such capable units, then why only 309rwhp and 307rwtq? How low of boost are you running? Can you explain the dyno numbers a little further please?
He said in another thread that he has no boost gauge and no way to monitor his boost levels.

I thought the #s were a bit low as well. It can't be too much psi, he also said it's not intercooled.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
I've worked on a truck with one. They are a very nice piece and their optional intercooler is worth every dollar. we hit 500rwhp with plenty more to go. So far that truck has went 13.19@112.19 with a 2.43 60'. That's with alot of peddling to get it to not spin so damn hard and letting up to shift (6 speed).
Would love to hear more about this truck.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's a member over at SSS.com. He's been around here before lurking, but I don't think he's a member at this point. That was all on the stock gov-lock that isn't really locking anymore. Even the mph would have been higher if he could have stayed on the throttle more. He's still getting used to shifting the thing (rarely drives it) and has a Spec stage 3 clutch that doesn't like to be walked out, it's more made for rev and release. Can't do that with a gov-lock or street tires.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/in...opic=26103&hl=

A link if it's ok. The truck actually made 501, but when the guy printed it, the highlighted part only showed 495. Even with back to back runs, the IAT's were around 120 and lower (and that was on a Mustang dyno). That's with 4.56's, T56, and 305/50R20's on GM Accessories 20" wheel's.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I know these guys at www.URDUSA.com use them and they are making 100 whp more on a v6 toyota tacoma. If i wasn't supposed to put this on here please slap my wrist, im sorry. won't happen again.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:39 AM
TECH Resident

Guys, I have zero explanation for the dyno #s. That's what the dyno graph from Wheel 2 Wheel shows. (came with all the other papers from the guy I bought it from) Doesn't say if the verter was locked or anything. I'm excited to hear that it's such a capable unit. I don't really plan on running this thing a lot but it is nice to have a little Lightning or SRT10 killer if I want. I'll definitely keep the thread updated on this thing. I'm in Iraq right now so everything is on hold but eventually I'll get to tinker some more. I'm willing to be there is a sh*t load of power in a real dyno tune. The W2W installs are tuned with handheld Diablo sport programmer<---GAY
Old 10-03-2007, 05:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
Finally someone here has one, we have all been very curiuos about them.
how does the truck run.
they are supposed to be very quiet, how is it for sound.
where did your hp/tq fiqures come from.
keep us posted
The truck runs great..feels very strong. The blower is seriously silent. If I were to tell a guy it was supercharged he'd never believe me until he looked under the hood, it is silent. The kit is super clean, looks like it was meant to be there when it came off the assembly line.

I just emailed W2W to find out more, also inquired about getting the intercooler and a couple of other little odds & ends. I'll keep ya updated. I believe the picture on their site is my truck, I also asked about that. Scroll down to see it: http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-finished-vehicles-2.aspx

Last edited by El_Diablo; 10-03-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 201 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by El_Diablo
truck runs great..feels very strong.
Strong off the bottom like a supercharger should, or strong on top?
Originally Posted by El_Diablo
The blower is seriously silent. If I were to tell a guy it was supercharged he'd never believe me until he looked under the hood, it is silent. The kit is super clean, looks like it was meant to be there when it came off the assembly line.
I'm very in to stealth. If it has good bottom end, I'll take two please, one on each side of the engine.
Edit: I just saw their twin kit, I don't like the look of it. I would prefer to buy the single mount and duplicate it in reverse on the left side.

Last edited by MikeGyver; 10-03-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
Strong off the bottom like a supercharger should, or strong on top?

I'm very in to stealth. If it has good bottom end, I'll take two please, one on each side of the engine.
Edit: I just saw their twin kit, I don't like the look of it. I would prefer to buy the single mount and duplicate it in reverse on the left side.

It is strong everywhere..I don't have the dyno graph with me but seat of the pants meter registers off idle and keeps clawing all the way to the top. If stealth is what you want, this is the system for you.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

I just heard back from W2W. My truck is the one and only they have done and that is my truck on their website. We're further discussing upgrading. I'll keep this thread updated.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Good looking truck - real curious to see some measured numbers out of the kit when you get a chance to tinker with it!

Stealing the pic from w2w for you:

Quick Reply: Rotrex blowers?