FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Roush TVS Pullies

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Yeah I will be making them out of stainless. I've heard bad things come from making pulleys out of aluminum. Probably spin right off the shaft. I could turn it on a lathe. Balancing wouldn't be an issue as long as I don't remove the part from the lathe once I begin machining it until its finished. Grooves would be a bit of a pain with the stainless, but not impossible. It would just take a while. But honestly, I will just work with a CNC program to make them repeatable. Only difference is changing the OD radius to get a different pulley size, which doesn't take long.
You thinking about that phenolic spacer? I have been pondering it myself I've checked clearance, looks to be plenty of room under there. Almost 2 inches I'd guess.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
Yeah I will be making them out of stainless. I've heard bad things come from making pulleys out of aluminum. Probably spin right off the shaft. I could turn it on a lathe. Balancing wouldn't be an issue as long as I don't remove the part from the lathe once I begin machining it until its finished. Grooves would be a bit of a pain with the stainless, but not impossible. It would just take a while. But honestly, I will just work with a CNC program to make them repeatable. Only difference is changing the OD radius to get a different pulley size, which doesn't take long.
You thinking about that phenolic spacer? I have been pondering it myself I've checked clearance, looks to be plenty of room under there. Almost 2 inches I'd guess.
stainless would be good. thats what i was thinking too if i were going to make one. the grooves def are the hardest part but like you said not impossible esp in a cnc where you can do roughing passes easily. being such a shallow angle plunging straight into the .135 depth in one shot will load the tool heavily on both sides. you would have somewhere around .300 of tool engaged in the part and with stainless it may not be to happy. i wonder if this thing will have to be pinned onto the shaft like we do the crank. not sure what the interference fit is on the press.
and about the clearance.. yes partially the phenolic spacer and if i could id like to run a nitrous plate in there to so im not spraying through the supercharger... 2" would be awesome. im thinking an inch only would be good. max 3/4 for the nitrous plate and 1/4 to 1/2 of phenolic should be fine i think.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Mod with training wheels

Custom nitrous plate made of phenolic
Old 05-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also be down for a spacer... Once the boost goes up Ill need another way to cool it down. What sizes of pulleys do you think you will produce?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Mod with training wheels

Well like I said, with the CNC it's only a matter of changing a few parameters in the program. But I'll most likely start with 2.8.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anasasisxenophontis
Well like I said, with the CNC it's only a matter of changing a few parameters in the program. But I'll most likely start with 2.8.
Thats what i wanna hear!

And i too hve heard bad things about alum press on pullies.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything new any updates.....hungry for more boost
Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Mod with training wheels

Sorry guys, I haven't forgotten. My weekends are wrapped up in a new project, so I don't have a lot of time to make pullies just yet. I will try to get on them in a few weeks though. Hang tight...enjoy your tires while you can
Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Good deal man. Thanks for trying.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet bro, keep us posted

Quick Reply: Roush TVS Pullies