FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

running a LS7 intake/throttlebody in an 03 avalanche

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running a LS7 intake/throttlebody in an 03 avalanche

okay I have a buddy's truck on my lift and the normal adapter to run a LS7 style throttle body on a LS1 obviously didn't work out.

who makes an adapter harness besides lingenfelter (backordered at least 2 weeks) that will let us get this sucker operational. I think you guys might like to hear some results out of a iron block 402 with heavily worked LS7 heads and a procharger D1 spun to the moon (yes its getting a paxton after he recovers from this motor build )....

I saw something about a dr. x harness setup or something?

Injectors etc. are all rewired for LS1 style, but the throttle body harness is driving us nuts and 2 weeks of non-functioning is keeping my road race car from going on the lift, and I don't like that
Old 03-28-2008, 05:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://torquerush.com/Purchase.html here you go!
Old 03-28-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

awesome.....one's on the way...

thank you.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Off topic, but I see your a big fan of Paxton over the Procharger. Reason's?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hemidup
Off topic, but I see your a big fan of Paxton over the Procharger. Reason's?
um.......my buddies redesigned procharger's crappy setup on C5 vettes about 7 years ago......blew prochargers own results out of the water, then procharger got all upset because they weren't selling any C5 kits and wouldn't sell just head units. Amazingly procharger redesigned their own kit at the same time. At that point they made the switch to paxton head units and the results got even better. I had prochargers in the past on the tahoe in my signature with its first two motors. Always had slipping and snapping belts, pullied it down, not enough intercooler, pretty much every part of the kit was below standard. Less than 10K miles on the first P1SC head unit and it had to go back for a rebuild (under warranty but still) The F1 I had on a built 400 smallblock was even more of a disaster with eating belts to the point I gave up and went with teh 502 and nitrous.

I have buddies with ati kits on vettes and they just don't run the numbers like the paxton cars do. If it works in a vette, its gonna carry over to a truck as well. Very similar motors although not identical. Heck the numbers on my truck speak volumes for just a blower on an entirely otherwise stock vehicle.

Wanna guess what the 346 with stock 243 casting LS6 heads, a mild cam, pistons 9.5-1, rods, stock crank, full exhaust with cats and mufflers will do on meth and 93 octane? Its supposed to get the tune finished and dyno'd mon-tues. Same combo with LS1 heads with an automatic has run 9.6's in a C5, I'm a 6 speed so I'm not gonna hold a candle against it.

I was told if its under 750 I'm not paying

well an update after spending some quality time installing the POS procharger kit on the avalanche.....

I don't like how you need to relocate the ECU from its factory spot, I don't like how the pipes run outside the frame rails, I don't like the fact it pulls hot air from right over the driver's side valve cover, and requires relocation of the vacuum canister that goes into the brake booster, I don't like the fact that there's no adjustment in the tensioners other than teh factory spring mounted one, I don't like the way they barely give you enough rubber hose to connect to the throttle body, they should give you extra and let you trim it to fit accordingly. Don't like the fact that if the belt breaks on teh side of the road (c'mon everyone who's pushing the limits knows this is a major consideration period) you need to remove the effin bracket to replace the belt. Well thats just a few more tools than I'd want to have in the back of my truck (read as daily driver type vehicle/tow rig not limited use race car).

So yes I'm not a fan of the prochargers for centrifugal applications in LSx style trucks. Your results may vary.

Last edited by Y2KLimited; 03-31-2008 at 02:16 AM.