FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

S/c 5.3 Toyota almost ready for mud

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dallas Ga... Dont have noo mud holes what you talking about. haha Sounds like a really sweet set-up in your Yota. I have a K5 on 44 1 tons and 44's. Did you go to Hortense Ga. Trucks Gone Wild??
Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm Cablebandit aka Jerry. He can tell you how to email the file Brint. Better yet call him.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Thats the problem, he showed me how yesterday and I forgot. I looked all over the scan tool and couldnt find it so I would rather exhaust all my resources before I call him.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Dont want to **** him off just yet.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

I now have a BIG problem and very little time to find/fix it. Last night I was beating on the truck in the dirt behind my house and my buddy yelled for me to stop. My header and down pipe were glowing so red on bank 1 you could almost see through them. Also started noticing a couple nights ago that it starts misfiring only once it gets hot. I pulled all the plugs and the entire bank 1 looks lean. WBO2 is in bank 1. Bank 2 looks good, a littlle black. I wasnt looking at the afr gauge last night when it did this so I cant say for sure but I feel like the lean condition and misfire are related and it has been misfiring for several nights now and the logs from the other nights look ok on afr 11.3-12.3 most often around 11.5. Anyone please help. All suggestions will be helpful. Also my hood flew up last night when I was trying to log a little on the street and busted through my windshield.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Your wideband reads 11.5 but your exhaust is glowing hot and your plugs are showing its too lean? Can you recalibrate your wideband, or if not just clean it off.

Fuel injectors clogged?
Old 12-18-2009, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

looked back at my logs yesterday and saw that bank two ho2s was failing once hot. put a new on in and misfire disappeared and the header doesnt seem to glow anymore. wot afr is not very consistent but when its in the low 11s it runs like a meat loaf album! i hope i can make it stay in the low 11s with a lil fudging. almost completely out of time.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take it the o2 I gave you worked Brint. Good deal.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Sure did, thanks Dave. So heres the deal guys. I got to take the truck out to the Christmas eve. mud ride to try it out. I never got it tuned very close so it didnt make any power. It was just like it still had the stock vortec 5.7 in it from last year. Very disappointing but I know it would have been much better with a good tune just dont know how much better. Got to ride for a total of 15-20 mins and lost oil pressure and started hearing loud valvetrain noise. Oil looks silvery. All of that aside I had a terrible time. It is nearly impossible to keep an eye on AFR and concentrate on driving (for me anyways). I am very lost now. I am wondering if I need to fix my engine and try to sell the 5.3 Maggie combo to start a 408 NA build so that AFR will not be so risky. The money is completely tapped out from the build last year.

Do you guys think that if I stick with my current combo and pay for a (hopefully really good) dyno tune that everything will stay in line in the mud and I can nearly forget about my wideband guage and just drive the damn thing? All opinions are greatly appreciated!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A good MAF tune will allow you to forget about it. Pick up a junkyard 5.3 and cross your fingers the cam isnt screwed up.

Quick Reply: S/c 5.3 Toyota almost ready for mud