FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

School me on chemicals.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:16 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucille
You could always add a good Mezerie pump and a remote large reservoir/icebox (in the bed) if needed.
This, and maybe a "Killer Chiller" or whatever those a/c contraptions are called.

What are your IAT's at the end of a run?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucille
I'm confused. The heat exchanger goes in front of the radiator and the intercooler would be in the lower manifold (at least in Maggie world). The phenolic spacer would allow for either a larger intercooler and/or spray bars for meth and nitrous. A secondary heat exchanger could be added behind the lower valance or anywhere with airflow or power for fans.
I'll be more specific lol. Aftercooler in the intake plenum. The heat exchanger in front of the radiator is as big as it can possibly be, and the Aftercooler in the intake has no room either.

The spacer you speak of wont work on my application as the supercharger snout is supported by the drivers side cylinder head. By placing the spacer inbetween the top manifold and lower manifold this makes the supercharger sit higher, which then creates alignment issues between the supercharger support bracket and cylinder head. again, if I didn't have that problem that'd be number one on my list.

Last edited by Gray Ghost Silverado; 05-09-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I'd look into active intercooling using the AC. Majority of that leftover energy (or lack of) gets lost to atmosphere...you could just trap it in the water from an A2W intercooler and supercool your IATs. Without mixing refrigerant into the air
Jake, yes and no. I'm not refrigerating the air. I'm saying add refrigerant to the water since an ice box is out of the question. But, talking about trapping the cool, how much space would be required for an evaporator and a DRY ICE setup.
I might have enough room to wedge in a block of dry ice on the left hand side by moving the reservoir around. I really dont want to screw with the actual A/C unit.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Hey Robbie, could you throw a picture on here showing that bracket for the snout support? Just curious if anything might be able to be done there or not. Let us help you brainstorm a little bit, maybe we'll have an idea that you didn't think about.

Is there anywhere else that may become a clearance issue?

Roger
Old 05-09-2012, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
This, and maybe a "Killer Chiller" or whatever those a/c contraptions are called.

What are your IAT's at the end of a run?
Well I'll know here soon. Sorry for not multi-quoting. I expect about 160 starting at 110 or so, and that'll be with spraying nitrous on the heat exchanger behind the grille.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Hey Robbie, could you throw a picture on here showing that bracket for the snout support? Just curious if anything might be able to be done there or not. Let us help you brainstorm a little bit, maybe we'll have an idea that you didn't think about.

Is there anywhere else that may become a clearance issue?

Roger
Yep!

Name:  IMG_0421.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  221.5 KB

You can see it right from there, how it slides over the snout and bolts to the cylinder head. Tensioner also sits right next to the supercharger pulley.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

He's for a better look:

Name:  IMG_0438.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  126.1 KB
Old 05-09-2012, 01:10 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Is there a machine shop near you with a CNC machine? It looks like you could replicate that bracket, but make it taller, to accomodate a spacer. From the pics, it looks like that bracket is just a flat piece of aluminum, probably billet?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you tryin to get your IATs down for everyday cruising or just for the track?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with Roger, that bracket looks like it would be easy to make.

It is hard to tell, but can you inject water/meth anywhere under the intercooler? I think the roots style water/meth injections are not working well because the rotors heat everything up.

I wonder what that intercooler looks like, can you find pics of one?

On a side note, how are you able to get that much air through an LS7 throttle body? Mine won't handle the radix 112 with a 2.6 pulley. It looks like you will be moving a lot mote air than that.

Quick Reply: School me on chemicals.