FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Seriously considering a Procharger for my mildly built 5.3 need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 01:45 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Skip the P1 and go straight for the D1. If your gonna buy a new kit get the 3-core intercooler. You'll need some serious fuel system upgrades and I'd recommend a meth kit if running on pump gas. Pin your crank and start with a 4.25" pulley to give you some sort of a base line. It'll probably make about 10-12 psi like that depending on rpm and should wake the truck up A LOT! I could see an easy mid 11 second truck with that combo without too much tweeking.

You will definately love the procharger with that converter provided you have everything lined in out and it all works like its supposed to. I started slow getting the tune lined out and as I got faster and faster I started learning some very helpful tricks (about belts and boost) along the way which made my procharger experience awesome.

Get'r done and get back on here asking some questions. We'll get you lined out.

As for what not to do...

Don't fall for the trap of going for it (dude, I have to get a 3.6" pulley for this thing now)as soon as you get it on. You'll learn more and have more fun working into the potential of this thing at a pace that allows your parts and understanding to keep up.

Seems like 80% of the guys that go procharger give up on it after a couple of weeks cause they are tired of dealing with belt slip issues being caused by running incorrect pulley sizes, jacked up tunes and not having any knowledge or the correct tools to set the belt up how it's supposed to be.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:28 PM
formerly 2low4nd (11-08-2011)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some would say leave everything on my setup the same, just change out the cam for a boost built cam if i decide to run the procharger or a turbo?
Old 11-26-2010, 12:55 AM

hey guys i will attest i got a p1sc 3 core intercooled procharger on my 07 nnbs vortec max..and she moves. wish i did a cam and a bigger stall thou! i do not know how to post pics with my replys??? need help but i do have some pics posted in my profile
Old 11-26-2010, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by anthonyc
hey guys i will attest i got a p1sc 3 core intercooled procharger on my 07 nnbs vortec max..and she moves. wish i did a cam and a bigger stall thou! i do not know how to post pics with my replys??? need help but i do have some pics posted in my profile
Hello welcome to my thread as for the offtopic post i prob can direct you in the right direction and give you some friendly advice. First off stay specific to the topic posted, if you want to post information about your truck start a new thread, second if you would like to post pictures you can join a site like www.photobucket.com and upload pictures for free and post them with a IMG link, "that link option you will see after you join the hosting site and upload the pictures" After you upload the pictures onto that site you can start your own thread on this forum and copy n paste the link into the space you type in as in the reply section. Really easy to do. Sounds like you have a nice truck hope this helps. If you need more information i think there is information provided on this website on how to host and post pictures too.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Launching!

If your gonna go with a SC, then you should have a built tranny and rear end first, but judging by your mods, your headed in the right direction. I say Tranny + Rear end then Injectors and blower setup with Meth Injection for sure.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TWISTED SilverBullet
If your gonna go with a SC, then you should have a built tranny and rear end first, but judging by your mods, your headed in the right direction. I say Tranny + Rear end then Injectors and blower setup with Meth Injection for sure.
What would you say about if im leaning twards a turbo setup? It just seems a little more cost effective, gives me more options and money to build everything else a little quicker too.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 2low4nd
What would you say about if im leaning twards a turbo setup? It just seems a little more cost effective, gives me more options and money to build everything else a little quicker too.
lol!
Old 11-27-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blown06
lol!
DOH! There goes a lot of great advice.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2low4nd
It is more cost effective and less harsh on the drivetrain if you plan on DDing it. I love my turbo setup, and the sounds is the greatest. You will need to Stall it on launches at the track, but once its moving its hard to stop it. SC setups are great too, but for cost efficiency, MPG for DD, and everything else, its better all around IMO. Everyone is different however. You have to do what you want to do in the end. Either way you'll have great power and all the knowledge on this forum to help you build your truck.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blown06
lol!
What? haha

Originally Posted by Rick_Vor
DOH! There goes a lot of great advice.
Huh, turbo isnt the way to roll? This is a hard decision, im conflicted in a major way.

Originally Posted by TWISTED SilverBullet
It is more cost effective and less harsh on the drivetrain if you plan on DDing it. I love my turbo setup, and the sounds is the greatest. You will need to Stall it on launches at the track, but once its moving its hard to stop it. SC setups are great too, but for cost efficiency, MPG for DD, and everything else, its better all around IMO. Everyone is different however. You have to do what you want to do in the end. Either way you'll have great power and all the knowledge on this forum to help you build your truck.

Ive noticed there are dedicated turbo guys and dedicated SC guys so it makes it tuff on the forums. So many opinions. I guess i will just have to make a choice.

Quick Reply: Seriously considering a Procharger for my mildly built 5.3 need some help