FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Side mount Magnacharger or Powedyne?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 06:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
custom only, like this...
Ok. That looks like something I may want to do down the road. Maybe when the stock kit is just not enough anymore. My supercharger is en route as of Friday afternoon so I am wondering about a tune? Does anyone know for sure if Magnuson still reprograms the handheld tuners that came in the side mount kit? Thanks for the help guys this is making things a lot easier.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok I have a few questions and need a little guidance. Does anyone know if Magnuson would reprogram the handheld tuner that came in the kit? Jesse from Wait4Me said that it would be difficult to do a mail order tune on my PCM for the sc. I would like to be able to run the supercharger with the handheld untill I can find a place to do a dyno tune that is not to far away from where I live. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it would be worth the call to them to find out for sure.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

PappyDan has had great luck with his PowerDyne you may want to shoot him a PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about 99% sure that Magnacharger can reprogram the hand held for you. I don't know what the fee would be. Call them Monday and ask cause it will take a couple of days to get it to them and back to you. I seem to remember that they don't keep the handhelds in stock and order them as required when a S/C kit is ordered so you might have to send it back to Superchips. OR just call Allen at Nelson performance and get a custom tune, will cost more but is way worth it. Link at right, back up top, in sponsor section------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-25-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When I was going to purchase the supercharger I called Magnuson and asked them if a sc off a 2000 would fit an 02. They said yes you should have no problems installing it. I then asked if I could use the tuner that came with it. He said "No,it is year and vin specific." I then said,"So its pretty much junk then?" He said," Ummmmm...........yes." But on the other hand two people have said they were "pretty" sure they still reprogram them. I guess I will have to call Magnuson in the morning and maybe give Allen Nelson a call also. Has anyone heard of a mail order tune for a supercharger like the side mount or can they only do a dyno tune? I just hope I dont have to drop like 500 dollars for a dyno tune. Even though I know it would be worth it I dont think my ears can stand the lashing from the she. Can't wait, should be here by the middle of the week.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COLDZ71
I dont think my ears can stand the lashing from the she.
I don't see why you would HAVE to get a dyno tune. There are still plenty of people running the sidemount. I would think Nelson or Magnuson could set you up. If you want better answers search in the tuning section or start your own thread in the tuning section with a title like "How Do I tune a Sidemount Magnacharger" You'll get some answers pretty quick I bet.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is no reason someone can't just write you a file for that truck. if i were closer to you i'd prove it. it's not a complicated thing.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by COLDZ71
When I was going to purchase the supercharger I called Magnuson and asked them if a sc off a 2000 would fit an 02. They said yes you should have no problems installing it. I then asked if I could use the tuner that came with it. He said "No,it is year and vin specific." I then said,"So its pretty much junk then?" He said," Ummmmm...........yes." But on the other hand two people have said they were "pretty" sure they still reprogram them. I guess I will have to call Magnuson in the morning and maybe give Allen Nelson a call also. Has anyone heard of a mail order tune for a supercharger like the side mount or can they only do a dyno tune? I just hope I dont have to drop like 500 dollars for a dyno tune. Even though I know it would be worth it I dont think my ears can stand the lashing from the she. Can't wait, should be here by the middle of the week.
You have a Wait4me tune already, I'm sure Jesse, can set you up with a new tune that will be just fine for that blower
Old 09-26-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome! Just talked to David Gonzalez at Magnuson and he said the reflash will cost 175. And if the tuner cannot be used on my truck it will cost 300 for a new tuner. I guess when the supercharger gets here I will send out the tuner and I should have the truck running in no time.

-kbracing96- I will want to get a custom tune eventually. The reason I want the tuner is so I can run the truck with the stock pcm and the handheld tuner. Then I can figure out my custom tune with my extra pcm from Wait4Me. Cant't wait!!

Quick Reply: Side mount Magnacharger or Powedyne?