FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Smoking a 6,000 tranny sucks..

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoking a 6,000 tranny sucks..

Well i got a whole 3 hrs of driving fun out of my turbo truck before the "D" gear clutches gave out (this is 4th gear)

I plan on buying a clutch pack rebuild kit from the guys who built my tranny little over a yr ago.. The main reason this all failed was after my aeromotive fuel system install back in oct. the ecu wasn't calculating the load and sending the correct signal to the tranny control module.. And $hit just kept rolling down hill from there basicilly it wouldnt lock up at all and was putting wear on all my clutches and i didnt even have a clue this was happening besides just "seeing" during data logs that the calc load was pegged at 100% all the time even at idle, I just thought it was some tuning glitch and the tranny seemed fine to me till power was added..

to make a long story short i need to have this rebuilt for a crack head price, i cant afford a 2,000 dollar rebuild just for someone to clean it out and put some clutches back in which shouldnt take more than 4-5 hrs at most..

my budget is about 1,300 total including the 900 dollar clutch pack i need to purchase, i know maybe someone on here from the DFW or houston area knows how to build trannies and hopefully will take pity on me and help a brother out..

please someone....
Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

The people who built it wont rebuild it for free? I thought most built trannys came with a yr warranty and if you are just a little over they should be lenient especially since you spent 6k already
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn dude that sucks it broke so quick
Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would just do it myself, or buy a used one. What did they do the 6 grand, and is the problem fixed?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:19 AM
12 Second Truck Club

place that built my tranny i would never let touch my truck again, they lied to me countless times over the phone, still havent sent me back my core converter or refunded me for it which is over 900 bucks.. when i first called them to ask question about what was happening the manager recognized my voice and just hung up on me.. so yea.. fu#k those guys..

yea jared at uprev took a stock fuel pump assembly and took the fuel temp diode off of it and wired it into the oem fuel harness along with the fuel pressure sensor, and he made a dummy box to trick the ecu into thinking the evap switch is still working.. the calc load issue is corrected now but the damage has already been done to the tranny and is toasted..
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6,000 dollar tranny holly crap did they gold dip it? pm a guy on here named sprayed99 he does some great tranny work for how much idk but it will last.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:01 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by jkru617
The people who built it wont rebuild it for free? I thought most built trannys came with a yr warranty and if you are just a little over they should be lenient especially since you spent 6k already
from what he said was the problem the people that built his tranny were not at fault, so why should they eat the bill
Old 01-12-2010, 09:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

imo thier is soo much markup in tranny rebuilds, who the hell makes 6k in a day??

it's really stupid what the world has come to accept as the norm as far as pricing on certian things are..
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Toomnymods
imo thier is soo much markup in tranny rebuilds, who the hell makes 6k in a day??

it's really stupid what the world has come to accept as the norm as far as pricing on certian things are..
I realize you're trans isn't a GM, but I refuse to pay to prices these companies are asking for these supposed built transmissions that just keep on breaking. I don't care what they say, they are not built to the same standards as OEM units that have to endure a 100,000 mile warranty. Good thing the GM guys have a junkyard transmission that can handle 600+ rwhp right out of the box
Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn that realy sucks bro! hope you find someone to help you out and get your trans back up and running. **** just keeps getting more and more exspensive.

Quick Reply: Smoking a 6,000 tranny sucks..