FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

So 10psi is max on a stock engine...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by FlaBouy
Won't do you any good unless you are running a 2 BAR OS........ I will most certainly email a log though.....

BTW.... don't listen much to Bob... we accuse him of drinking the alky rather than waste it on the motor....

You can attach both log and tune files, in this forum. I wouldn't mind seeing them, since I can't run more then 16-18* timing at 10 psi without audible knock with 91 in the tank and that with spraying ww fluid though a M10 nozzle. Of course with a turbo, I have the full 10 psi in by 3100 rpm, where as you guys probable don't see you full boost till redline.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...here ya go... this is one of my last logs prior to installing the aftercooler a couple weekends ago. I am currently working in the timing and AFR with the aftercooler on my current tune. This was run against the 2 BAR OS prior to the aftercooler install.

This log was run against a tune that has 25* timing at wot and the tune had about 4 hours of street time on it prior to the log. This is a non-intercooled blower running a snow meth kit. You will notice IAT's are horrible while driving around. Once boost kicks in the IAT's come to me....

185 kPA, 25* timing, non intercooled... been running this way for 20 months on a daily driver

Edit:... BTW... that motor was fully heatsoaked...which is where I do most of my tuning up top...
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
050607_25deg.hpl (100.3 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by FlaBouy; 05-19-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Old 05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FarmTruc

Uh....oh.... I'm in trouble now......
Old 05-19-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Flabouy, how much meth are you spraying, and are your using it strait?
Old 05-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Flabouy, how much meth are you spraying, and are your using it strait?

Right now?......none.....my pump went south this morning...

The kit I have been running for about a year and a half is the Stage 2 Snow with variable controller. I run a single 625 ml nozzle at 150 psi (or thereabouts). My truck makes 650 ponies at the crank so Snow recommended the 650ml. It has worked amzingly well for over a year. I started spray at 1 psi before I installed the aftercooler and went full spray at 6 psi. I just noticed in that log that the IAT's were catching back up with me at the end of the WOT pull and began pulling timing on me... That's why I bought the aftercooler....

Right now it is nearly 90* outside and my IAT's driving around are 110-115* with the water to air kit I installed. Vortech sent a teacup for a charge cannister. I gotta find a larger container so I can add some ice if I want...

anywho, I have tuned and tested through 22* this morning until the meth pump crapped...

Oh, that particular log was run with just winterized washer fluid. My alcohol gauge shows that to be a 37% blend of meth.....

Last edited by FlaBouy; 05-19-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll have much more fun with straight meth purchased from a race fuel dealer

Meth is like magic for boosted engines. Hope you get your pump sorted out soon man. Nothing sucks worse than knowing what you could be doing if the pump was working.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
You'll have much more fun with straight meth purchased from a race fuel dealer

Meth is like magic for boosted engines. Hope you get your pump sorted out soon man. Nothing sucks worse than knowing what you could be doing if the pump was working.
Thanks, but in my opinion the definition of fun would be Twin Turbo's.....
Old 05-20-2007, 11:26 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we just got from the dyno. i can tell you there is at least one little 5.3 that is holding up so far at 20psi and 6100rpm. i am sure it will let go, probably sooner than later but so far it is making great power considering the minimal amount of money under the hood of this car. if we can hit it with 20psi for even a short while i would think at 14psi it could last for a very long time

we were talking a little about our goal to get on pinks. we are thinking it will be more fun just tweaking the hell out of what we have working on traction and power over time to see just how far we can take this low budget combo. when it lets go then we will know to not push it quite as hard next time.

Last edited by parish8; 05-21-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by parish8
we just got from the dyno. i can tell you there is at least one little 5.3 that is holding up so far at 20psi and 6100rpm. i am sure it will let go, probably sooner than later but so far it is making great power considering the minimal amount of money under the hood of this car. if we can hit it with 20psi for even a short while i would think at 14psi it could last for a very long time

we were talking a little about our goal to get on pinks. we are thinking it will be more fun just tweaking the hell out of what we have working on traction and power over time to see just how far we can take this low budget combo. when it lets go then we will know to not push it quite as hard next time.
I wish you wouldn't say crap like that............. I just had myself convinced that 14psi was the "safe" limit to the 5.3L.... Thoughts along those lines creep into my head at the wrong time.... like when setting up to make a hard pull against someone....

Nice to know the 5.3L can survive that, even for a short period.... might give me an excuse to build that 408 sometime.....

Quick Reply: So 10psi is max on a stock engine...