FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Sombody post the site to get procharger seals??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Sombody post the site to get procharger seals??

I remember seeing it posted, but can't find it now( it wasn't direct from procharger) I think The shaft seal for my blower is gone.. I pulled some of the IC piping off today, found alot of oil in it, def smelled like PC oil. I called the guys at procharger and they said oil is nothing to worry about, it is normal. I don't think this is normal.. So if you have that site, please post it up.. Thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Baltimore Whore

Edit i think I found it
Old 09-04-2010, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought a used Procharger off this site in the classifieds and it turned out to be leaking.

I set it to Todd at superchargerrebuilds.com and it has been perfect ever since. I would 100% recommend him to anyone. My D-1SC actually sounded quieter after the seal rebuild--the bearings and such were still new.

Hope that helps!

-Mike

Also, mine was 'gushing' --so it was definitely a blown seal...there is still a little bit of oil that will get by how I understand it, and some will 'sling' on the hood underside as well. I'm willing to live with them for the power of my Procharger
Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Baltimore Whore

What did they charge you to do the rebuild?? I am planning on doing it my self.. Yes a little bit of oil is common, but again, I do not think what I have is...
Old 09-04-2010, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

PM sent.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

I think superchargerrebuilds are about the only source for the inner seal. It sounds like Jettstream got good service from them but I've read some mixed reviews. Google them and take a look. Procharger won't sell it to you unless you have them install it.

How much oil are you going through? Is it making your P-1SC run low? Can you detech any on your MAF (assuming your not SD)?

You could do an oil change on your head unit, mark the oil level and check it periodically to see how much oil your going through. I've seen a few kits that had a small amount of oil pooling in the bottom of the tubing before and after the FMIC and weren't going through enough oil to tell by the dipstick. You might be able to put it off indefinetely as long as your not running the head unit down too low.

Rick
Old 09-04-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

I talked to the guy at superchargerrebuilds when i was looking at goin procharged and he said he has the seals custom made. The seals are how procharger intended on controlling their rebuilding market IMO
Old 09-05-2010, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

I read the mixed reviews as well, and in a time crunch I decided to take the gamble. It paid off and Todd was very accommodating and answered all of my questions. It was my 3rd Procharger so I was used to the 'seep' but underneath this one it was gushing as I mentioned.

All that said, what I did was pour the oil that was in my head unit back into the 6oz bottle, and it lost only 1 - 1.5oz max. I thought for sure it lost 2oz or maybe more. So it wasn't THAT much oil lost---but we are talking that loss was over 200 miles of driving....so quite a bit.

Now I still have the typical seep (which most likely is coming from the top/fill screw aka 'breather' as ATI will call it) but nothing that even comes close to measuring on the dipstick.

I also have the drain extension on the bottom as well...very handy having the remote oil drain. I got that from houseofboost.com

I have done a lot of business on the 'net and am a vendor on other forums (tbssowners.com trailvoy.com etc) and I wouldn't recommend someone that was shady.

-Mike
Old 09-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by Rick_Vor
I think superchargerrebuilds are about the only source for the inner seal. It sounds like Jettstream got good service from them but I've read some mixed reviews. Google them and take a look. Procharger won't sell it to you unless you have them install it.

How much oil are you going through? Is it making your P-1SC run low? Can you detech any on your MAF (assuming your not SD)?

You could do an oil change on your head unit, mark the oil level and check it periodically to see how much oil your going through. I've seen a few kits that had a small amount of oil pooling in the bottom of the tubing before and after the FMIC and weren't going through enough oil to tell by the dipstick. You might be able to put it off indefinetely as long as your not running the head unit down too low.

Rick

Yes Rick it is enough to notice it on the dip stick. My IC piping had a good amount in it, also some on th MAF. Also this unit I am sure has a bunch of miles on it. I have put 10k on it since I have had it, it was used, is a unit from 2003 or so from what the guys at procharger told me from the number on it.. I am going to give them a call tom, see what they can do for me..
Old 09-05-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jetttstream
I read the mixed reviews as well, and in a time crunch I decided to take the gamble. It paid off and Todd was very accommodating and answered all of my questions. It was my 3rd Procharger so I was used to the 'seep' but underneath this one it was gushing as I mentioned.

All that said, what I did was pour the oil that was in my head unit back into the 6oz bottle, and it lost only 1 - 1.5oz max. I thought for sure it lost 2oz or maybe more. So it wasn't THAT much oil lost---but we are talking that loss was over 200 miles of driving....so quite a bit.

Now I still have the typical seep (which most likely is coming from the top/fill screw aka 'breather' as ATI will call it) but nothing that even comes close to measuring on the dipstick.

I also have the drain extension on the bottom as well...very handy having the remote oil drain. I got that from houseofboost.com

I have done a lot of business on the 'net and am a vendor on other forums (tbssowners.com trailvoy.com etc) and I wouldn't recommend someone that was shady.

-Mike
That's a bad leak to lose 25% in a couple hundred miles. Sound like you made to right choice.

Those drain extensions are great. Makes doing an oil change so much faster and cleaner.

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Yes Rick it is enough to notice it on the dip stick. My IC piping had a good amount in it, also some on th MAF. Also this unit I am sure has a bunch of miles on it. I have put 10k on it since I have had it, it was used, is a unit from 2003 or so from what the guys at procharger told me from the number on it.. I am going to give them a call tom, see what they can do for me..
If it's getting all the way up to the MAF, then you must be leaking pretty bad. It kind of seems that with Prochargers seals, it's not if they will start to leak, it's when.

I thought I read a while back the Superchargerrebuilds buys old head units. I wonder if they can upgrade your P-1Sc to a D-1SC? I know they sell their own billet wheels but I haven't read any reviews on them.

You could always have Procharger upgrade it but now are talking about some serious coin.

Rick

Quick Reply: Sombody post the site to get procharger seals??