FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

stock engine capability

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quik- what thermostat are you running to keep your ect's in the 150's?

Also my 1999 5.3 had all 4 vapor ports vented but my 2002 LQ4 doesn't.Why do you think gm chaged this?
I still have my my vapor tubing from my 5.3 and this week I'm putting another LQ4 in my truck[long story],sounds like I should put it on the new engine.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:04 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Quik- what thermostat are you running to keep your ect's in the 150's?

Also my 1999 5.3 had all 4 vapor ports vented but my 2002 LQ4 doesn't.Why do you think gm chaged this?
I still have my my vapor tubing from my 5.3 and this week I'm putting another LQ4 in my truck[long story],should I put it on the new engine?

i have these for my motor to help vent it. They are found on KRCpower.com 's website. they are 40 bucks each, so expect 80 bucks for front and rear. if you look at my motor youll see them in the pics

Gm went to the block offs to allow clearence for the Ls6 intake and since they are cheap ***** they use them on the trucks as well since it was cheaper to produce

i have a 34" rad, HD grill which allows more air flow. i run the Meizere EWP and run a strictor. its a gutted Tstat which slows water down but doesnt stop it. last year in spring i would see temps on high ways of 130s. the hottest my motor seen was 185 and that was with ac on in traffic but once driven it dropped down to 150 on highway.
i ran water with purple ice to help get temps that cool.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a thread that Dusty started that has lots of good info on the number 7 issues and the cooling problem "fixes".
Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 PM

Alright, so from what I am reading here are my thoughts on what my approach to my 550 rwhp goal. I have airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, edelbrock headers, 4.56 gears, pcm for less tune, aluminum pipe dual exhaust with h pipe (stock cats). i am going to get a vortech vts supercharger (system, the full kit), change the pulleys, dyno tune it... What else am I missing to get the truck to 550? thanks guys for the help.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:40 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it come with injectors and a pump? Stock will start to loose pressure in that area. Unless you have flexfuel and don't plan to run it. Iirc the flex pump is quite a bit bigger. What size tires you running? 4.56 gears are alot of gear.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where are you reading to figure that you need to get a tb spacer, edelbrock headers, pcm4less tune much less a vortec supercharger?

Im on my phone otherwise Id type out a long response maybe someone will post up why not to go with those before I get home.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The throttle body spacer will only make noise...no gain what so ever (been there, done that). Use that money on some go fast goodies. These guys know what they are talking about. They will point you in the right direction. They have hooked me up numerous times

Last edited by Suddog; 07-24-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:30 PM

I am not sure that I am following what you are saying. How do you suggest I get 550 rwhp?

suddog- Who are "these guys"? I am new at reading and posting on forums.

Last edited by jrush4; 07-24-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: forgot comment
Old 07-24-2010, 01:38 PM

Does it come with injectors and a pump? Stock will start to loose pressure in that area. Unless you have flexfuel and don't plan to run it. Iirc the flex pump is quite a bit bigger. What size tires you running? 4.56 gears are alot of gear.

I have 37 x 12.50's. http://www.lysholm.us/gm_truck_systems.php (this is the vortech system)

System Components
•Lysholm 2300 twin-screw supercharger with 3.80" pulley, integrated bypass valve and actuator. The twin-screw design provides maximum low-end torque as well as far greater efficiency and horsepower gains compared to the traditional (as well as newer) roots type blowers.
•Supercharger drive assembly includes idler, drive belt and all hardware.
•Fuel management upgrade includes a hand-held programmer (controls ignition timing and fuel enrichment), extruded aluminum replacement fuel rails, high-flow fuel injectors and braided stainless steel fuel hoses.
•Integrated dual-pass air/water charge cooler configuration features a closed loop water cooling system with a stand alone pump, tank and front mounted heat exchanger. The aluminum charge cooler core features 50% more surface area than competitive kits for maximum temperature reduction.
•Cast Aluminum air inlet manifold mates to OEM throttle body.
•High-flow bypass valve provides for increased compressor efficiency and temperature control.
•Roto-molded air inlet ducting maintains factory appearance and joins the stock air box and MAF.
•Complete bolt-on system includes all necessary belts, pulleys, fasteners and a reusable high-flow air filter.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:35 PM
11 Second Truck Club

If you want that type of blower, go with a magnacharger. Hands down the best, most well supported, well reputed roots type blower out there for these trucks. I ran one for awhile and loved it. It drives like stock until you get into the throttle enough to tap into the extra power and torque.

Quick Reply: stock engine capability