FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

stripped thread in Radix manifold bolt HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have my Radix anymore to look at but that looks to be a Radix upper to lower intake bolt. If it was one that went to the head it would be about 5" long.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjhoward
I don't have my Radix anymore to look at but that looks to be a Radix upper to lower intake bolt. If it was one that went to the head it would be about 5" long.
Your right its just the bolt for the upper lid to lower tub. Just put a lot of red lock tight on the bolt and put it back in. You got 10 bolts holding it to the heads plus the rest that hold the two together. Don't loose sleep over it. It's no big deal
Old 05-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Notorious BIG

that makes me feel better. no chance of any issues on down the road by just leaving it like that? i'm troubleshooting a low boost issue and wanted to make sure i had no leaks. if this bolt cannot cause problems, then i won't worry about it.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:02 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Holty
that makes me feel better. no chance of any issues on down the road by just leaving it like that? i'm troubleshooting a low boost issue and wanted to make sure i had no leaks. if this bolt cannot cause problems, then i won't worry about it.

I would not loose sleep as Blownslow364 said, however you need to make plans to figure out a way to get the bolt back in and threaded. I will check the tq spec on those bolts for you on Monday.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shweet! Well not perfect but sounds better.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Holty

I dont see it as being that huge of a deal. But if you are loosing boost it could be because of the intake gaskets under the blower arent seated right to the engine.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by JLanSS
I dont see it as being that huge of a deal. But if you are loosing boost it could be because of the intake gaskets under the blower arent seated right to the engine.

nah, thats the ONLY thing i'm certain that is not happening. blower went down in there PERFECT. i'm sure thats not it. still waiting to get my crank pulley pinned.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by JLanSS

Man I love your sig. I got to get me one like that
Old 05-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Man I love your sig. I got to get me one like that
Thanks. Ill make you one if you send me some pics. I still have to change mine, it has my user name from silveradoss.com in it.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Notorious BIG

UPDATE:

I got the bolt back in and tight. I had to take the alternator off to get better access to the hole. First i tried to just run a longer bolt in, but that didn't work. Then i tried to re-tap the hole with the original thread size, but that didn't work either. I finally just re-tapped the hold with a thicker thread size and put a new bolt in. Got it pretty tight, so it should be fine. I even drove it with no bolt in there the last day and a half and nothing happened so i'm sure its all good now. Thanks for the support guys! I'm back on track now.

Quick Reply: stripped thread in Radix manifold bolt HELP!