FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

STS exhaust suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS exhaust suggestions

Well the sts is on. I want to delete the cats , but I'll need an exhaust first. I am thinking a single 3" with a dynomax bullet or areochamber. Pics and suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance. Btw, I am runnig the 16" srait pipe out the back right now.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id go with pacesetters, ory single 3" out the back with a turn down

the sts turbo serves as a muffler
Old 11-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slowec - since I'm rebuilding mine exhaust to accommodate the twins, I'll be selling my old exhaust. It has: a dynomax camaro muffler hung where the spare tire used to live, twin polished tips, the hump over the axle, a cut-out y-pipe (where I had an e-cutout that is not included in the sale), and a welded in o2 sensor bung. It already has the v-band flange you need to mate to the turbo on the turbo end. I can't get you pics right now because my camera is broken, but please send me a PM if you are interested.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Veteran

If you remove your cats you will need some type of muffler or resonator. Unless you want eveyone including the cops staring at you even at low throttle settings.
If your cats are left on, a tailpipe cuts the noise down by about 50% at part throttle. I may be selling my SS custom tig welded tailpipe if you are interested. It's all 304SS, never rust. Your truck is a SCSB like mine so I think the length would be fine.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Thanks

Thanks for the offers guys. But I am a roll my own type. I just wanted to draw from your expierences. I am getting rid of the cats and I have read enough to know I'll want a muffler of some type. Just don't know which one ? areo chamber or dynomax bullet or another
Old 11-16-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the aerochamber on my truck....I iked them. It was aggressive for sure without cats. Are you going to run a cutout behind the turbo? The magnaflow mufflers have a deep tone that will be quieter than the bullet or aerochamber for around town. If I had to do it again, I would have went magnaflows instead of aerochambers but I love my corsa.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
If you remove your cats you will need some type of muffler or resonator. Unless you want eveyone including the cops staring at you even at low throttle settings.
If your cats are left on, a tailpipe cuts the noise down by about 50% at part throttle. I may be selling my SS custom tig welded tailpipe if you are interested. It's all 304SS, never rust. Your truck is a SCSB like mine so I think the length would be fine.
Cops really don't care around here...most high school boys cut off their cats and run straight pipes so.....as long as we have mufflers on our trucks....we don't get a second look.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

OK I see, keepin all those top secret exhaust tips to yourselves. I'll post some pics when I am done.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey man....if you need some mandrel stuff done...let me know....I know a guy in Bwk. that will weld up anything for you b/c most of the stuff is push bent only. He can also do stainless work as well.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Whatever you use, make it big! What happened with mine is that it created boost creep. The exhaust is a restriction and it will cause backpressure all the way back up. I have an 8psi spring but with the exhaust I get 10 psi. I have a 3.5 inch dynomax race (straight thru) welded to the turbine exhaust pipe and dumped over the axle.

Quick Reply: STS exhaust suggestions