FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

STS and Water to Air Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

That should work fine and should not mess with your tune. I have my IAT sensor moved to that intake tube except it is on the back side. I moved mine after I installed my meth kit in the intake tube after the MAF and wanted the IAT sensor to read the reduced intake temps I was getting with the meth spraying. Moving your MAF to post IC would also be an option for you but I cannot spray through the MAF.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by Linda
I would think you would be fine like that. Thats sort of what the radix guys do i think. They put the IAT in the intake manifold, and leave the Maf in its stock location. So i would think it would be okay. On a side note, how does that 90* silicone coupling look when the truck is idling? The one going into the intake flange. Does it collapse under vacuum? Have you looked at it when the truck is running?
As Parish stated that 90* silicone elbow is before the TB butterfly and is never subjected to more that .1 or .2 psi of vacuum. Now it may ballon out some under boost but you would need a remote mount camera to see it. LOL
Old 06-21-2006, 05:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mort
As Parish stated that 90* silicone elbow is before the TB butterfly and is never subjected to more that .1 or .2 psi of vacuum. Now it may ballon out some under boost but you would need a remote mount camera to see it. LOL

Ahhh, got it... . I am one of those screw charger guys remember? I was thinking the throttle body was pre turbo/blower like mine. Dont mind me, im just here to learn..
Old 06-21-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by parish8
isn't that 90 pre tb? it wont see any vacume.

yeah i think the radix are pre intercooler for the maf and post for the iat. it seems like it would effect the readings but if it works for them than it is probably ok for the sts.
yeah, as I said before, the difference between the Radix and sts is the blow through versus the draw through, I think I am just going to relocate the MAF, its a much safer way to go.