FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger

Hey guys I have a question for every one. I was looking around and found the jet technology site and i talked to them and their kit sounds like a great proudct. They told me that the system has the capabalties of up to 700hp and 15psi with the upgraded unit. I was thinking about going that route and its under 3k which is budget. I was going to go turbo and i bought a turbo off e-bay and it was suposed to be a t3 t4 ar70 and i got a ar 50 so i thinks its way to small. what does every one think?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

A new supercharger capable of 700hp and 15psi for $3,000?

I'd be very careful with that.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:39 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you have a bit more research to do. No offence but I'm not familiar with the Jet system but if it's anything like the other Jet products I'm familiar with......run.

Forced induction is not cheap, never will be. Once you start increasing hp/tq it is a never ending series of things to throw money into. A lot of fun though.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by hot4.8
Hey guys I have a question for every one. I was looking around and found the jet technology site and i talked to them and their kit sounds like a great proudct. They told me that the system has the capabalties of up to 700hp and 15psi with the upgraded unit. I was thinking about going that route and its under 3k which is budget. I was going to go turbo and i bought a turbo off e-bay and it was suposed to be a t3 t4 ar70 and i got a ar 50 so i thinks its way to small. what does every one think?
Cap. of 700HP w/ the upgraded system, right? How much is upgraded system over base kit. I too am unfamiliar w/ their system. The same that do trannies, carbs, & other electronic stuff?

I think FI isn't cheap!!!

U gotta take into acct. some things. Cost of kit. Here: say $3k = 700hp.
Then,...I don't care what u add to your or anybody's 4.8/5.3/6L, in general LS architecture motor. Turbo, S/C, nitrous. Your gonna frag a tranny( or more than 1), the rearend, ...
-New tranny & convertor( ~$3K).
-Rearend upgrades($500 & up)
-Fuel System?
-Fortify the motor/ redo/ upgrade?
-Traction issues... ya gonna need tire & suspension to put it to ground.

Labor...if u don't do any/ some = addt'l $

Don't be deterred. Just learn & be realistic. It'll be fun, but know what u r gettin into. It costs $$$ to play in that league. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Teching In

I have a built rear end and cal tracks with bfg dr and a surge stage 2 cluth kit. I have a gmpp hot cam and i went through the bottom end with some ARP stuff. I know that I am not going for that big of a number mine is more like 400 - 450 to run in some NMCA and bee able to compete. I have been running a NX 125 kit but I want to go the way of the boost. I havent heard anything about there other products just that only make supercharger's. The company has only been around for 7 years or so. I saw a vette with a jet on it and it just bolt on's going low 11's and my local track and thats how I got interested. check out there site it jet superchargers com and see what there about.
thanks.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

I think someone is trying to get free promos with this thread............
Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Default no free promo

i am just on a tight budget but wana go racing. i just want to see what people think. I mean i cant afford 6k right now and have saved up 3k but got really screwed on a e bay turbo set up. I have a t3 t4 ar 50 do you think that is the beetter route? or keep an open mind and go with the jet supercharger
Old 06-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Default no free promo

i am just on a tight budget but wana go racing. i just want to see what people think. I mean i cant afford 6k right now and have saved up 3k but got really screwed on a e bay turbo set up. I have a t3 t4 ar 50 do you think that is the beetter route? or keep an open mind and go with the jet supercharger
Old 06-02-2008, 07:29 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Ok, It's not the same "jet" that i was thinking of....but even so I am not familiar with them or their SC systems other than it's a centrifugal supercharger. There is lots of written comparisons between the Roots, Twin-screw and Centrifugals so I don't need to get into that, but I would pass on the Jet system.
If you want a great setup that wont break the bank look for a used Radix on this site. They come up from time to time in the $3000-$4000 range depending on usage and included parts.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are talking about the Jet supercharger kit on ebay dont buy it. Just look at the kit. IMO i would just look on here for a used kit. Or look for a whipple. Whipple is a good supercharger and can be purchased used for cheap. But dont buy the jet kit.

Quick Reply: supercharger