FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

supercharger coming! what parts need to be upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
You will need a 90mm cable throttle body, injectors, and tuning. I am including an inline walbro fuel pump with the kit.
Grrrr... this whole time I am assuming its drive-by-wire, didn't pay attention to the year of the vehicle. Yeah, you need a 90mm cable TB. Good call Tex.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Default back

well i am back from vacation! damn tooo soon, well when i got home i already ordered the trans go shift kit and the dr x-link which have arrived. i am on the look out for some 42lb injectors and a drive by wire 90mm throttle body if any one knows of some oen selling them or know where i can get some for a steal hit me up! ow yeah if any know knows or needs a new dr x-link i have one for 195$ shipped! still in the ups box.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:40 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A "drive by wire throttle body" is the electronically controlled throttle body (the 'wire' part of the name is throwing you off). You need a standard cable actuated 90mm throttle body.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Throw some vette servos in there, only $16 on ebay, and I would put a bigger trans cooler too, 40k tru-cool should do the trick, about $110 and will keep your tranny running super cool. I ordered an LS6 valley cover to keep the oil out of my intake and engine, however your truck might not have that problem that the '03's and some others did. Double check that last one before you order anything. Make sure you have the needed belts, hoses, clamps, etc. before you get halfway through the install and get stuck.
really ebay? nothing to worry about with the quality of the product from ebay? any sponsors on here offer them i rather buy them from a company i can actually trust. what about a billet OD servo? trans cooler will order today aswell!

Last edited by URLIFEWASOC; 04-29-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Blown 427 LSX

default supercharger coming! What parts need to be upgraded?
everything...
Old 04-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
everything...
if i had the money i would but i havent won the lotto yet, unless you cant to pay for it! haha
Old 04-29-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by URLIFEWASOC
really ebay? nothing to worry about with the quality of the product from ebay? any sponsors on here offer them i rather buy them from a company i can actually trust. what about a billet OD servo? trans cooler will order today aswell!
Yep, ebay.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Trans. no question should be #1 on your list. You would SHI$ if you seen what gm puts in their stock. I pulled my tyranny with 8K on the truck before the TVS went on. And we used the best of the best and still had breakage due to the newer Sprag design. We thought was improved over the 60E. I don’t like stalls so far I have gotten away with the stock unit which is already Furnace brazed and had a larger clutch area on the 70E. But 90% of the time I keep it out of lock up. I set my tow haul button up as a converter lock up switch. If you take it easy you may limp it along until you can get the funds for a tyranny. Keep in mind me and my builder are deliberately trying to break stuff, so we can improve or correct whatever breaks.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:57 AM
Staging Lane

change you rear end...that g80 wont last long and it wont matter how beefy your tranny is the risk is there if the rear goes tranny might go too
Old 04-30-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have heard of the G80 holding up under a ton of power (I want to say Parish8 had one in his truck for a while, but I could be mistaken). As long as you are smart with it and don't go doing donuts and fishtailing around corners, it will hold up fine. It seems 99% of the time, they fail because of that, not too much power in a straight line. Again, this is what I have read, so please correct me if I am misinformed.

Quick Reply: supercharger coming! what parts need to be upgraded?