FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

T6 turbo input

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

this is what we ended up with:

It seems a disservice to just throw on some mostly stock heads on top and have been thinking about having thompson finish it out as a long block with their frankenstein heads (f310s i think?)
the heads finish higher than stock heads (1/2") not sure how close thats going to put me to the t6 turbo with the truck manifold, will probably want more turbo also with the 427 but i'll see how it does in the mean time
Old 09-02-2019, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Bored....waiting to see wtf this hurricane is doing, spinning 100 miles east of me

so to add to above/\ thompson sent me an email saying they were ready to ship the shortblock! i told them to hang onto it and throw some heads on it - "thompson edition" monster series LS3, cnc ported...this way i dont have to worry about messing up lifters/pushrod length/rockers/head studs etc AND 12 month/unlimited mileage warranty.

Looking to the future, what are my options for turbo upgrades - how big of a borg warner could i throw on there with the trick turbo T6 manifold? i was thinking right off the bat i could do the billet wheel and race cover and get a little more out of it.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Depends what your goals are, that 427 is gonna want a big turbine though.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Launching!

yea i figured, my goal is to be "done" for a while with it and enjoy it

will probably throw it all together and see how far fuel sys will go (on e85) .... not sure the s480 will outrun it. not looking to buy new injectors/more pump and would really not like to do anything with the hotside piping for a while .

Last edited by randeez; 09-03-2019 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

**** that 427 is Ganna move that tank no doubt
Old 09-24-2019, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Old 09-24-2019, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Oh ****
Old 09-24-2019, 07:37 PM
Launching!

yup, delivered yesterday morning. I am usually freight companys first stop so no big deal i waited on them in the morning before heading to work.
comes on semi-truck, used pallet jack to get it out and into back of pickup truck and up driveway. it was wrapped in plastic so didnt notice then. that was the first corner i pulled back to throw the lift plate on to remove from truck with engine hoist. noticed and managed to catch the delivery driver, showed him and we threw it back on the truck.
called thompson and told them it was on the way back and id send them pictures when i got to work. after sending them pics, he mentioned it should be completely enclosed in a plywood crate. told him none of that **** made it. only the base that the engine stand it bolted to, and they had that on a full size pallet (not attached). not sure what else or how much else damage there was.
sucks but whats a few more weeks at this point
Old 09-25-2019, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by randeez
yup, delivered yesterday morning. I am usually freight companys first stop so no big deal i waited on them in the morning before heading to work.
comes on semi-truck, used pallet jack to get it out and into back of pickup truck and up driveway. it was wrapped in plastic so didnt notice then. that was the first corner i pulled back to throw the lift plate on to remove from truck with engine hoist. noticed and managed to catch the delivery driver, showed him and we threw it back on the truck.
called thompson and told them it was on the way back and id send them pictures when i got to work. after sending them pics, he mentioned it should be completely enclosed in a plywood crate. told him none of that **** made it. only the base that the engine stand it bolted to, and they had that on a full size pallet (not attached). not sure what else or how much else damage there was.
Thats fked up.

My TMS longblock came in a fully enclosed crate.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by randeez
The freight company obviously dropped it. What company?

Quick Reply: T6 turbo input