FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Thats right, I am a TVS lover now too! PICS INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 07:13 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2KLimited
I started the stupidity with the tahoe.....left the Z06 stock for 3 years......went thru the warranty and within 2 months it went from just turbos to a built motor and 710 at the wheels, 6 months later the rollbar went in and the turbos got bigger....

bought a new sub I was gonna leave alone then the Z got stolen and now I have two new disasters......

and of course then I'm told by the vette shop I'm putting a blower on the sub....(thank god its under a buddy's hood right now......plan of the week is I'm testing out the new vortech lysholm unit next)

finally starting to come to my senses and clear some of these things out, had the boost vette out today and realized its just too friggin fast......half throttle since I was dry on meth the thing skated across a lane of traffic in third....***** in throat moment....(with the traction control on)

so yes, I know where you're coming from, lol....

but to keep it all on topic........what does whipple recommend for marine applications with 8.1's (the only other 8.1 stuff I know of) and what amount of boost do they get in those situations....might be a good course of action to work with...
Yaeh that Tahoe is over the top if you ask me. Lol.

Boooost is a wonderfull thing, But with it being turboed then supercharged would it be better to plum in an air to air intercooler? Thats What i am thinking, maybe a procharger one.
what do you think KB?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking an IC too before you are done. I better get a new turbo too so you can afford all this.

I think this thread is boosted.....
Old 03-14-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kbracing96
As far as intercooling, I think I will be ok, since effectively the turbo will now only be compressing air to 7-8psi, so shouldn't heat it up to much and I think the meth can take care of that, then the TVS's intercooler should handle the 7-8psi it makes with out to much trouble based on what I've seen out of the couple that are up and running on here.
If you're only going to run the turbo at 7-8psi then the SC will need to make 7-8psi too. Hmmm...that'll be nice, almost like a sweet spot. I don't think you'll need 2 IC's AND meth. Just run it and see how it is. I think you'll be in a fatty sweet spot for both.

I'm sooo glad you're doing this though. I was going to beat you to the punch a few weeks ago, but I didn't have the ***** to do it, and I don't really want all the extra weight of the blower.

So what turbo are you going to run? I'd err on the large side for the exhaust housing.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by supersub

Boooost is a wonderfull thing, But with it being turboed then supercharged would it be better to plum in an air to air intercooler? Thats What i am thinking, maybe a procharger one.
what do you think KB?
It will be easy to hook the A/A back up if needed, just a little plumbing as it's already there but i want to try it with out it first
Old 03-14-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
If you're only going to run the turbo at 7-8psi then the SC will need to make 7-8psi too. Hmmm...that'll be nice, almost like a sweet spot. I don't think you'll need 2 IC's AND meth. Just run it and see how it is. I think you'll be in a fatty sweet spot for both.

I'm sooo glad you're doing this though. I was going to beat you to the punch a few weeks ago, but I didn't have the ***** to do it, and I don't really want all the extra weight of the blower.

So what turbo are you going to run? I'd err on the large side for the exhaust housing.
No kidding Todd, that freekin superchager is HEAVY, lol. I'm gona use the MPT76 for now and if everything works I might step up to a TC78 with the F1 wheel and biggest A/R I can get, as i can get a good deal on them. Nothing to crazy, I just want a good fun truck to drive
Old 03-14-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Nothing to crazy, I just want a good fun truck to drive
Nothing crazy?!? Umm...OK. I thought you had a fun truck to drive with the 4.8. It might be time to finally get rid of the 1 tire fire rear diff too.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

WOW! Can wait to see all the broken stuff that come out of this one hahaha. Awsome project!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Nothing crazy?!? Umm...OK. I thought you had a fun truck to drive with the 4.8. It might be time to finally get rid of the 1 tire fire rear diff too.
that's what the 4x4 button is for... I have been thinking of getting a tru-trac...
Old 03-14-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by supersub

what do you think KB?
personally I think you should just spray it as well add some chemical oxidation and cooling properties to the mix......doesn't have to be big, a nice 25 or 50 hit will do the trick...
Old 03-14-2009, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Y2KLimited
personally I think you should just spray it as well add some chemical oxidation and cooling properties to the mix......doesn't have to be big, a nice 25 or 50 hit will do the trick...
I have nothing against spray at all, just want to see how far I can get with this without it Spray has been done a lot, this... Not so much,

It's all about the bling,

Quick Reply: Thats right, I am a TVS lover now too! PICS INSIDE