FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Thats right, I am a TVS lover now too! PICS INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Just another thought on the straight shot from turbo to blower... if for some god forsaken reason the turbo compressor decides to let go... you WILL be buying a new blower as well as another turbo. The air to air intercooler inbetween them would act as a flak jacket to the blower... and already does to the motor.
Yeah, didn't even think of that. Great point.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just trying to learn here but aren't a lot of twin turbo guys going to just meth? Seems that the trend is moving toward leaving the intercooler out of it. Very interested in how this setup turns out. Thanks for posting it!!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

what about a W2A IC after the turbo, using the same pump/res as the TVS. Might get you more 'average' temps???

They are not too big, and they make that 90 bend you are doing anyway.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Total newbie here but WOW what an undertaking. Curious though if a turbo is known to have a need to spool vs. a blower that is instant off initial WOT what would keep the slower spooling turbo from starving the blower or at a minimum reducing torque (intake on turbo vacuuming exhaust) on initial WOT. Just speculating the mechanics but wouldn't there need to be a vacuum break to maintain zero to positive pressure between turbo and blower intake...either that or a transit piece that both the turbo and blower fed? Just thinking outloud this a.m. Really impressed with the undertaking....this thread rocks!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that engine with the tvs looks awesome
Old 03-14-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Good points Bill. That's one thing about doing it the way I am originally thinking, is that it will act kind like a "P" trap if any thing were to ever fail. As far as intercooling, I think I will be ok, since effectively the turbo will now only be compressing air to 7-8psi, so shouldn't heat it up to much and I think the meth can take care of that, then the TVS's intercooler should handle the 7-8psi it makes with out to much trouble based on what I've seen out of the couple that are up and running on here. Now, if I was doing this the an old MP112, I would almost for sure keep the intercooler between the turbo and blower, since those things are know heat pumps already.

I do think I will loose a bit of the intall "hit" that you get with just the Blower because of having to suck though the turbo, but this build is about averages. There will be a little off the bottom, of the blower and a little off the top of the turbo, but I think it will make up with it through the middle, which is where the motor spends most of the time any way. The goal for this project is near instant boost (no lag) with a great top end of a biger turbo, and no belt slip issues.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Oh and the time line for this is I'm hoping to have it all done by the end of the month or so. Just depends on what comes up and my work schedule

And I would LOVE to do lots of before and after dyno stuff, but unfortunately, the closest Dyno is 2 1/2 hours away from me. and our track here doesn't even open till mid May

Last edited by kbracing96; 03-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get that trans installed so you can tell me how you like the converter.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Oh and the time line for this is I'm hoping to have it all done by the end of the month or so. Just depends on what comes up and my work schedule

And I would LOVE to do lots of before and after dyno stuff, but unfortunately, the closest Dyno is 2 1/2 hours away from me. and our track here doesn't even open till mid May
They are doing the Arm Drop registering monday at 9:00 am, Im thinkin about trying to get in. Its Aug 29 @ Bandimere. You should sign up! Could be lotsO fun
Old 03-14-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam Kyle... Crazy *** build i'm stoke to see that monster move. I think it's gonna be ****** RIDICULOUS!

Quick Reply: Thats right, I am a TVS lover now too! PICS INSIDE