FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

theoretical Radix flow capacities, number chart

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:52 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlackAv
is there a chart that shows what rpm the radix is spinning at a given engine rpm and pulley size (w/ the stock crank pulley).
crank pulley / blower pulley x max engine rpm
Old 05-10-2006, 10:13 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
crank pulley / blower pulley x max engine rpm
What size is the crank pulley? :p
Old 05-10-2006, 10:46 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
What size is the crank pulley? :p
7.5 inches is the stock crank pulley
Old 05-10-2006, 10:52 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Thx bro. Just needed to see where I stand with efficiency if I have to drop pulley size to hit 500rwhp lol
Old 05-10-2006, 11:01 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by parish8
i agree that is a tuff one to estimate.

first question i have here is if anyone is spinging their blower to 22k what boost presure might they be running? seems you are looking at the 5psi line but i would think on most set ups to get over 500rwhp you are going to need more than 10psi. if you look at that chart the 10psi ve has peeked at 90% and i assume it will be falling from there.

yes i would expect it to fall off prety hard as the rpms go way out of range but i can't prove that. it seems to me giving it an 80% ve rating at 22k is going on the high side.
Those charts are not representative of a gen5, they are gen4 charts, what we think those lines will do, is purely speculative. VE is where this type of FI shines, how much it loses the farther away from the island it gets is beyond me.
I chose to stick with numbers because I felt it was a more accurate way to approach the flow data, but even then, I had to use data from another manufacturer so there is room for the fudge factor, no doubt.

I really just did this for fun and wanted to share what came up with.

Whatever you deduce from your calcs is fine by me
Old 05-10-2006, 11:04 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Thx bro. Just needed to see where I stand with efficiency if I have to drop pulley size to hit 500rwhp lol

your welcome, unfortunetly no efficiency data on the Radix is published so we are left to speculation. At this point the proof will be in the pudding, so to speak
Old 05-10-2006, 11:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

your welcome, unfortunetly no efficiency data on the Radix is published so we are left to speculation. At this point the proof will be in the pudding, so to speak
True that. Thanks for taking the time to mess with the #s. I'll do my best to hit 500rwhp with the 3.70 pulley and start slingin' pudding bitches! Hahaha
Old 05-10-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

I can't look at the chart from Magnuson's website here at work, but if you need to extrapolate curves, just do a least squares regression. Depending on what order you take it to, it'll be damn close. Excel will do this for you if you plot each point, click on the line, do a least squares, then it'll give you an equation you can use.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:26 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those charts are not representative of a gen5, they are gen4 charts, what we think those lines will do, is purely speculative. VE is where this type of FI shines, how much it loses the farther away from the island it gets is beyond me.
I chose to stick with numbers because I felt it was a more accurate way to approach the flow data, but even then, I had to use data from another manufacturer so there is room for the fudge factor, no doubt.

I really just did this for fun and wanted to share what came up with.

Whatever you deduce from your calcs is fine by me
i too am just doing it for fun. at one time i was really interested in what the most a radix would put out so i have crunched the numbers before.

the ve is definately a curve. you can get a decent idea of where it will go just by continuing that curve you see on that chart and then stretching out the rpm numbers. the ve wont just rise up to 90% and hold.

how much you want to add for the radix over the m112 is up to you. a question for brian, what exactly internal changes did they make from a m112 to a mp112? does the m112 have the abrasion coating? that is something i could see actualy making a diference in VE but if the m112 has the coating maybe the changes are more in packaging, bypass valve set up, bearings or who knows what.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:48 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i took this pic and extended the curve and rpms. ignor the lower line. i used a compas for the higher line and it looks to be more acurate. you can see where the m112 would be under 70% ve at 22k. i think 80% is probably a little on the high side even for the mp112 spining at 22k.

edit... that curve still looks a little off. if you take the high point as 14k and just copy the chart in the higher rpm direction it would put the 22k ve at around 70%.

Quick Reply: theoretical Radix flow capacities, number chart