Old 04-29-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i still got the sts but lookin for a front mount
Old 04-29-2009, 12:51 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
back pressure. I think wilde said his front mount at 6psi felt like the sts at 12 psi. Thats something to think about.....
Don't forget he also is running a T6, 1.xx A/R housing and a monstrous 5" downpipe. If you did that on a STS you'd also see a lot less back pressure.

I still love mine, but it's just time to move on. No complaints about my STS kit at all!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:58 AM
TECH Junkie

they make power. Hes been an 11.41 with it. So why did he change? Why are you changing?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:25 AM
GFYS and STFU

I bought a new truck and I need to sell the CCSB. I'm re-using the drivetrain but since the STS wouldn't fit this new truck without some hacking and cutting I figure I'd best sell it and do it over again from scratch. Not sure if I'm going Front or rear, maybe front just to try something different! I dunno
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 AM
TECH Junkie

lol, I really dont care. I think both can/are fast. I wanted a sts at some time, but my pops wouldnt let me. Im a little dissapointed to be losing most of the sts guys.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they make power. Hes been an 11.41 with it. So why did he change? Why are you changing?
lol, I really dont care. I think both can/are fast. I wanted a sts at some time, but my pops wouldnt let me. Im a little dissapointed to be losing most of the sts guys.
There are a few reasons why I changed... Some of them are a bit.... O.... I dont know,... stupid..... ??

(In descending order)

1. I was FLAT-OUT SCARED of a T-6 1.32 A/R Spool time...
2. Back pressure was too high with the new 370. If I just bought another 6.0 and stuffed it in the truck rather than rebuilding, I would most likely still have my STS.
3. I like to build things myself, I love the late nights, sitting in bed trying to figure out how the fluck I'm going to make it all fit. I would rather spend more money on tools and f-ing new parts up than having some shop jack my **** up for me...
4. Rick squires cracks down on people making their own STS style system, not sure why that bothered me. I understand both sides...

On the other side of the spectrum.....

#.The Borg Warner sounds cool, but the GT-67 with a cutout 2-3 inches in the down pipe, just sounded BAD ***!
#. Under hood temps are f-ing CRAZZY. The god damn hood is too hot to touch. STUPID STUPID. I honestly think it is a toss up between the no oil pump with under hood heat, and the oil pump without the heat....
#. Pressure differential, Turbos are driven by the exhaust pulses, velocity and the pressure differential. No matter what size the down pipe, an STS will always have the advantage of pressure differential. Is it enough? depends I guess.

I do plan on buying another STS kit.. But it will be for the towing truck...

BTW, I felt abandoned when all the other STS guys were jumping ship.... I know how you feel...
Old 04-29-2009, 04:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm lots of thinking to do, tho itll be down the road due to money.. still lots of thinking.. i think about the only two things steering me away from front mount is IAT's and underhood temps....also still considering s/c
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
4. Rick squires cracks down on people making their own STS style system, not sure why that bothered me. I understand both sides...
What's going on? What happened?

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
I do plan on buying another STS kit.. But it will be for the towing truck...
I know of one you can buy!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Parke10
hmmm lots of thinking to do, tho itll be down the road due to money.. still lots of thinking.. i think about the only two things steering me away from front mount is IAT's and underhood temps....also still considering s/c
Heat kills, always has and always will. Certain amounts of heat will always be necessary but STS will always have that advantage over other kits. The hotter things get the more likely things are to reach their point of failure. My Old Typhoon was fickle in how I drove it and in the weather I drove it in, nice cool days she would be screaming fast. Hot blistering days like we have down here and that you surely are familiar with in bako my Typhoon couldn't get out of it's own way.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Parke10
my underhood temps can get warm but I wouldnt say too hot to touch the hood at all... .Maybe Dustys are like this because hes running an upgraded Peterbuilt turbo I honestly wouldnt condiser mine any warmer than a Radix truck after a few runs. (yes Brian I've been under the hoods of both LOL, I know youre somewhere watching )

as far as IATs theres so many variables here I dont think any one style is any better by design alone. intercooler size, available airflow, charge pipe size, boost level, meth/no meth, A/A, A/W... too many things to say wether one is better at which... I do personally know that with my KBracing kit, my IAT's only climbed 11 degrees over the course of about a 3/8 mile standing wide open pass with just the a/a intercooler and no meth... I cant speak on the STS

Quick Reply: Are there any STS guys left?