FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Are there any STS guys left?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have my home grown kit, STS didn't make one for my 2000 Tahoe(old body). I have nothing to compare it to other than a pro-charger on 96 Tahoe. We are both limited by fueling up top. i wouldn't trade with him i just love the sound of the turbo too much.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

the only thing ive noticed from increased under hood temps was I melted a little hole in my filler neck, easy fix tho. And I dont even have a turbo blanket. Im gonna **** myself If I melt the paint off my new hood in a week or so.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im still rocking the STS
Old 04-29-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone ever tried running a turbo with a self contaning oiling system to get away from the oil pump? I know a local shop did a twin turbo g8 setup like that but they where front mounts. Just something to think about.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
There are a few reasons why I changed... Some of them are a bit.... O.... I dont know,... stupid..... ??

(In descending order)

1. I was FLAT-OUT SCARED of a T-6 1.32 A/R Spool time...
2. Back pressure was too high with the new 370. If I just bought another 6.0 and stuffed it in the truck rather than rebuilding, I would most likely still have my STS.
3. I like to build things myself, I love the late nights, sitting in bed trying to figure out how the fluck I'm going to make it all fit. I would rather spend more money on tools and f-ing new parts up than having some shop jack my **** up for me...
4. Rick squires cracks down on people making their own STS style system, not sure why that bothered me. I understand both sides...

On the other side of the spectrum.....

#.The Borg Warner sounds cool, but the GT-67 with a cutout 2-3 inches in the down pipe, just sounded BAD ***!
#. Under hood temps are f-ing CRAZZY. The god damn hood is too hot to touch. STUPID STUPID. I honestly think it is a toss up between the no oil pump with under hood heat, and the oil pump without the heat....
#. Pressure differential, Turbos are driven by the exhaust pulses, velocity and the pressure differential. No matter what size the down pipe, an STS will always have the advantage of pressure differential. Is it enough? depends I guess.

I do plan on buying another STS kit.. But it will be for the towing truck...

BTW, I felt abandoned when all the other STS guys were jumping ship.... I know how you feel...
Good points. I still run my STS and I have no problems. Blew a resistor on my fuel pump and that was a beeyatch. Cleaning out all the oil in the pipes were not fun, even though it was wasy, but time consuming. Underhood temps are way lower and even before I did my IAT Mod I had high underhood temps. But with the intercooler, IAT Mod and Remote Mount kit it makes a difference, those turbos get hot and I am from Sunny Cali. I personally can trade the Hood Heat with the Pump plus I'm running a 6.0.

I gotta say tho, I love the sound of my STS. Their is a drawback on the sound tho... My Kills Posts on the Forum has dropped considerably since nobody wants to race a Truck that sounds like a Boeing
Old 04-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

i still have the sts but would like to switch to a front mount when funds allow which wont be any time soon
Old 04-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Teching In

i just sold my sts kit and went with a front mount from KBracing
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

STS update. I just ran 11.81@112 at 11.5psi.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Teching In

sweet!!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

I'm keeping my STS for a long while...

Quick Reply: Are there any STS guys left?