FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Are there any STS guys left?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STS talk........ I had a big BW S85 turbo that i bought to go front mount.. did flipped truck manifolds and all in stainless.... when i was down i ask my buddy who helped me tig everything up... " hows it look man" ? His Reply "Looks like Shi#" !!!!!!!!! That knocked the wind out of my sails.. Truck sat around and one day while looking under the truck i thought... Could i spool this thing rear mounted??... Asked around and everyone would almost hang up on me !!... It was so funny and what sorta dummy would even try and T6 flange 1.1 Hotside mounted out back....... Well.. I did !! Best pass with that combo was 7.0@99 mph 1/8 ... Alot of changes... different converter and little more boost I was able to run 104mph but truck was all over the track....... Todate.. I have the biggest single turbo truck around thats runs and has been tested... Its a PT101 thats cut down on the inlet size... BIG wheels... 5.25" downpipe...... and YES.. its rear mounted !! to date i have been almost 110mph in 1/8 and 6.81et with a 1.92 .60 foot ... I missed the setup on the converter when i changed to the big turbo and it was a big hard to spool now.. = ) My truck is also stock leaf springs and i run on a Drag radial... Rear mounts work ! There is a Still a Race for the 9s boosted and its anyones Game !

Last edited by Casey2323; 05-03-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:35 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 with what casey said!
btw I was helping Rex change out his fuel pump on friday and he was telling me about your latest runs in your truck! That thing is freaking badass!! Congrats casey!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Casey2323
6psi out of that BW turbo and big hotside is alot different then that 67mm and .68 houtside.........
I understand that. But a turbo, towards the smaller side is preferred with the sts
Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6psi out of that BW turbo and big hotside is alot different then that 67mm and .68 houtside.........
Actually, mine was a .96 exhaust housing, Which in the STS world is quite large. of course the gt was still too small for my set-up..

Originally Posted by Spoolin
That thing is freaking badass!! Congrats casey!
Yes, What he said! I thought a lot about coping what you had done Casey.....

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
I understand that. But a turbo, towards the smaller side is preferred with the sts
yes, to bad too, that is what is limiting the sts guys....
Old 05-04-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

My tc76 has a .96 housing and it spools pretty good now that I fixed the boost leaks. I'm sure that it would be better with a .68 housing but I like the top end pull with the bigger housing.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Actually, mine was a .96 exhaust housing, Which in the STS world is quite large. of course the gt was still too small for my set-up..
Sorry about the Mistake dusty....... I need to take better notes of my hero's setup next time .....

Yes, What he said! I thought a lot about coping what you had done Casey.....

I had a 5.3 70mm front mount setup the turbo was water cooled..... Underhood heat wasnt that bad... but i knew it would be CRAZY with a large frame under the hood.. My truck was built as a drive even if i dont drive it near as much as i would like...

yes, to bad too, that is what is limiting the sts guys....
I am by no means ahead of the game or going where no man has gone before...... My new turbo is Thumper with huge hotside 7" inlet into the turbo with a 4" discharge its just been a good combo. I dont even have a " Great setup" with non coated stock manifolds....... and POS 70.00 Y pipe the muffler shop across the street built me to get the truck broken in .... I need a few more lessons from Dusty on my Dual nozzle alky control setup to keep in IAT down... but they never make it to 120s....
Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Spoolin
+1 with what casey said!
btw I was helping Rex change out his fuel pump on friday and he was telling me about your latest runs in your truck! That thing is freaking badass!! Congrats casey!
I cannot say enough about my Rex motor and how well the WCCH heads have held up to me doing my own tunes... The motor sounds box stock under the hood and zero valve train noise its allways had 60psi @ idle and over 85 at all times .. Thanks for all the kind words i am semi happy with the truck only because i change things ALOT... I do everything on the truck and pay for it all and thanks to some helpfull advice i tune the truck myself
Old 05-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Launching!

I cannot say enough about my Rex motor and how well the WCCH heads have held up to me doing my own tunes... The motor sounds box stock under the hood and zero valve train noise its allways had 60psi @ idle and over 85 at all times .. Thanks for all the kind words i am semi happy with the truck only because i change things ALOT... I do everything on the truck and pay for it all and thanks to some helpfull advice i tune the truck myself
Hmmmm a rear mount thumper? From what I read thats impossible to spool as a rearmount!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHA

Here you go Case....heres the run where the truck was making a whirlwind of exhaust, Q16, dust, and paper!!!!!!!

Not bad for being tuned by a Skinny White Dude!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are some videos from the track.

12.68@108 Cool Sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9heeydXGNhs

11.86@111
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFYdYYu3qM

11.81@112
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nltUWbzeEQ8

Last edited by 2ktransam; 05-04-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Default video

Thanks man !! Truck looks great !! what did you .60 foot that last pass??...

Quick Reply: Are there any STS guys left?