FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Think i found my boosted cam, whatcha think

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:45 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Think i found my boosted cam, whatcha think

was over on Speed Inc's site and cam across this cam. its similar to what i just sold but on single pattern. looking to keep some lope with my morning boost lol

whatcha think and opinions
its the highlighted cam ......... TU3

Old 10-25-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems like an ok turbo cam. Most will say go with reverse split, but I think the jury is still out on that one since many successful turbo engines exists with straight pattern cams. I think you would benifit with a little more LSA though like at least 114.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:13 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
It seems like an ok turbo cam. Most will say go with reverse split, but I think the jury is still out on that one since many successful turbo engines exists with straight pattern cams. I think you would benifit with a little more LSA though like at least 114.
i hear you on that lsa thing. i PM'd Intm8r on tech and see what he has to say. Speed Inc seems to know their ****. So we'll see what goes on
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

get with PREDATOR-Z as well... he has spec'd a couple cams for me and has never let me down
Old 10-25-2007, 08:11 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember, lope + turbo = power left on the table. That cam looks pretty good, but if you can, get it as close to 0* overlap as possible. 8* is better than 30*, but it's still 8* "too much".

Also keep in mind that the cam will have less impact than on an NA motor. If you're going to have a max effort turbo setup with really really low backpressure, a forward split works great. If you have lots of back pressure, though (e.g. you care at all about spooling up in a reasonable amount of time), a reverse split is better. A single pattern fits nicely somewhere in between.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:20 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Just remember, lope + turbo = power left on the table. That cam looks pretty good, but if you can, get it as close to 0* overlap as possible. 8* is better than 30*, but it's still 8* "too much".

Also keep in mind that the cam will have less impact than on an NA motor. If you're going to have a max effort turbo setup with really really low backpressure, a forward split works great. If you have lots of back pressure, though (e.g. you care at all about spooling up in a reasonable amount of time), a reverse split is better. A single pattern fits nicely somewhere in between.
yea my realistic goals are all over the board. i want some lope, i want big numbers. and main goal is a 10.xx pass. if i hit 1xxx thats great if i come up short and only hit 9xx thats fine. i mean its going to be hard as it is to put down the numbers above 500 to begin with
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
get with PREDATOR-Z as well... he has spec'd a couple cams for me and has never let me down
has he spec'd a cam for a high boost, large cube'd manual setup?
figured id leave it to ppl that already did this. Speedinc has and have been doing thisfor awhile now. hell 8.6@160 in a street driven car is saying something dont ya agree? but if Predator has spec'd one then i might hit him up along with Pat G
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
has he spec'd a cam for a high boost, large cube'd manual setup?
figured id leave it to ppl that already did this. Speedinc has and have been doing thisfor awhile now. hell 8.6@160 in a street driven car is saying something dont ya agree? but if Predator has spec'd one then i might hit him up along with Pat G
He's specd out cams for TONS of different setups. I'm sure he could help you. He doesnt charge for suggestions like a lot of others do...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats not being taken into account is with a big single your going to have alot of back pressure in the exhaust ... The more you have the faster it will spool the turbo.. most people that can keep the back pressure below a 1:1 ratio have been able to run the strait up splits with twins or really good flowing turbos/exhaust... You just taylor the camshaft to the engine/application... I also have been going a TON of research on my own camshaft for a turbo 408.. I dont think its a huge deal.. thats a huge cam for a turbo ride !!... biggest i had seen dyno proven was 238/242 and it made 1000rwhp with a 91mm turbo .... I am not looking to reinvent the wheel.. I just been looking to see what everyone has used and try and map out there combo to my own and think about weight,turbo size,motor.. stall... Everyone I have tried to talk with are really great and seem to express intrest in other projects as well as Share what they might do different on there own rides if they had it to do again ...
Old 10-25-2007, 04:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run smaller Cams than the one listed in Turbo 408's.

Last edited by BlownChevy; 10-25-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Think i found my boosted cam, whatcha think