FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Time to refuel for more boost?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what im thinking. I was sent a link to a set of injectors (good price) that i plan on picking up. I have a Walbro 255 in-tank pump in the garage on the shelf I bought with the blower but never installed it. I think I am going to pick up an in-line pump with the clean install kit from Summit with the braided lines and stuff so it looks nice and clean. If i have problems with the in-line, i will pop it off and try my luck with the in-tank pump. So my next question is whats the best in-line pump out there?

Walbro?
Bosch?
Holley?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen Holley stickers and packaging with Walbro pumps and viceaversa. As a matter of fact look up at my pics, red top, that was packaged in a Holley box and wrapping. It has a big "W" on it with GSS in the part number, Walbro. Pick your poison.

Good priced injectors flow matched?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

email from guy at link. Hello! Thank you for your interest, we appreciate your inquire. I'm not familiar with that company or where they purchase their injectors but we buy direct from Mototron/Siemen Deka and have plenty in stock. These are flow matched to within 2% of one another.

not sure if it helps but they gave me a military discount also.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the 255 pump in my tank with no mods or anything all I had to do was cut and connect the two wires and hook the hose up and it dropped right in the system. Mine was almost exactly the same size and everything. I have had zero problems but I do have the returnless type.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Good priced injectors flow matched?
yes sir.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm on 60lb motrons in the boosted vette, and in the suburban. Vette has stock intank, monster inline, y-d into the stock line then into aftermarket billet rails and regulator and will support 750-800 at the wheels in a vette with meth. The sub is a stock intank, nothin inline, just a boost a pump, with 60 lbers and was on the edge of fueling with 537 at the wheels on the truck.

here's pictures of the spacers and adapters used on the truck as well as LS2 format motors....My LS6 in the boost car is plug and play drop right in, oh wait, now i'm not sure, with the rails etc. wiring wise it plugs, I'm not sure if the rails are machined and drilled accounting for the spacer used on the LS2 and sub.

With the tahoe, I put a 255 lph drop in (its old school return style etc.) even an inline forced induction booster pump, was fine with teh 502 (well had to gut the inrail regulator and put an external one on because it bumped the pressure up) hit the shot and it'd go lean. Eventually wound up putting a stock intank sender (you know the one rated for a 255 hp 5.7) and it fuels the 502 fine on motor, adn put a cell and the inline pump with the regulator etc. that runs only when the juice is activated. So just throwing in a monster pump make sure you check your pressure, might need to adjust it with more flow.

Last edited by Y2KLimited; 02-27-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Tribe Shaman

here you go for the inline install.
one of the photos include all of the part numbers from summit.
very easy to do.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=363998
Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PappyDan
here you go for the inline install.
one of the photos include all of the part numbers from summit.
very easy to do.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=363998
Cool, thanks Pappy. I ran across that a few days ago when I was searching. You saved my some time having to look for that again.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What about a voltage booster on the stock pump? They can be setup to only boost voltage under boost. Might be another option.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
What about a voltage booster on the stock pump? They can be setup to only boost voltage under boost. Might be another option.
thats exactly what I have on the suburban, actually thats ALL I have on the sub. a MSD boost a pump hits the pump with something liek 16v when it sees boost normal voltage otherwise. Of course stock pump with 60 lbers I'm out of fuel around 550 at teh wheels. Next step for me is a bigger intank.

Quick Reply: Time to refuel for more boost?