FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Time to refuel for more boost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know the Delphi part number for the multec2 connector? Not the LS1 connector, but the actual connector we have on our harness that plugs into the delphi multec2 injector.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also has anyone taken the stock in tank pump out and just ran an inline with bigger lines coming up through the stock sending unit? I dont see why this would not work. Im sure running the stock intank helps get the fuel out of the tank but there has to be a point (depending on how much power your making) that the intank becomes a restriction for the inline.

Alex
Old 03-02-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 201 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 02_2500avalanche
...there has to be a point (depending on how much power your making) that the intank becomes a restriction for the inline.

Alex
I'm past that point, I wish I had numbers for you, but it's not all that much power.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Im thinking at this point Im going to try the stock pump and see if the 8.1L pumps are indeed anomalies or not. Still cant find anything on the 8.1L specific pumps. Did buy a set of Seimen 60's that I should be able to get in next weekend. also on a similarly related subject see this thread i started about an adapter harness and post any comments you have there.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=412938

I will hopefully have good new about the pump and connectors by the end of next weekend.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 AM
TECH Addict

I fried my inline in about a month. It started to cause air pockets or something in the fuel because the stock pump couldn't feed it fast enough. The fuel pressure needle would be going nuts. I took it off, and a month later my stock pump started to die. I did the in tank mod and so far so good. Just hack the hell out of the bottom of the bucket so the pump sits as low as possible. Make the bottom around the hole and the curved area as thin as you can safely go, then you can make the sock fit on the outside. If yours has the same bucket set up as the half tons, then you should be good to go. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Correct me if I am wrong (because I am a wrong a lot), but stepping up from 42lb injectors to 60lb injectors does not necessarily mean your going to use all that much more fuel correct? All it means is that the injector will have to work less hard to get the desired fuel to the cylinder right. If calling for 1.75grams/cyl has my 42's at 105%....im still going to get 1.75grams/cyl with the 60's, only difference is they will be someplace in the 70% IDC correct? Stay with me here for a second......I am trying to figure if the stock pump is going to hold up to the new injectors and I am trying to figure if going to the 60's @ 70% during WOT is really going to put that much more of a burdon on the pump than having the 42's @ 105% during WOT did? Its not like i was asking all that much more of the 42's. What are the benifits of going to a bigger injector like this other than relieving a maxed injector?

Injectors came in today and all the connectors are here too. I will get a few soldered together tomorrow and take a few pics. Can someone tell me what a good IFR would be for my IFR table with these injectors? What size bolts will i need with the spacers? I got the 5/8" spacers but i will need to pick up some 10mm? x ? bolts

Here are the specs on the injectors....

Genuine Siemens / Mototron DEKA IV High Impedance Injectors

These injectors flow 60 lbs/hr at 43.5 PSI ( 3 BAR ) and up to 85 lbs/hr at 87 PSI! In addition, these units are high-impedance. Despite the high flow rate, they are linear and controllable at low pulse widths and have been used in ULEV applications! This allows you to use a larger injector than normally possible without hurting idle and low speed driveability. Adding to the flexibility of application, these units are high-impedance; making them compatible with most ECUs, while delivering the most flow available in a High-Impedance injector.

These injectors are able to function at high fuel pressures and don’t exhibit the high fuel pressure handling problems found with many other high flow high-impedance injectors. This makes these injectors very well suited to turbocharged and supercharged applications that see high fuel system pressures.

Engine performance and running quality are enhanced through the optimized spray pattern. Unlike competitors “pencil stream” high flow injectors; these High Flow injectors utilize a multi-orifice tip providing a true 30 degree spray pattern for improved mixture preparation. This results in lower BSFC and better idle quality than many injectors with less flow.

FEATURES:
  • Genuine, reliable Siemens Injectors
  • Excellent response characteristics
  • Robust Design
  • High Impedance
  • Low Impedance performance characteristics with High Impedance Compatibility
Specifications:
  • Coil Resistance: 12.5 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)
  • Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI ( 300kPa ) w/Gas: 60 lb/hr = 630 cc/min = 453 g/min
  • Static Flow Rate @ 87PSI ( 600kPa ) w/Gas: 85.7 lb/hr = 900 cc/min = 648 g/min
  • Gain: 0.11ms/mg
  • Offset: 0.055ms
  • Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms
  • Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 600KPa
  • Connector: Bosch EV1
  • Orifice Type: Multi-orifice
  • Spray Pattern: 30 Degree Spray Cone
  • Factory fitted with Viton upper and lower o-rings

Last edited by Whippled 496; 03-06-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 201 Likes on 158 Posts

You're not going to use more fuel, you'll just have more available when you need it. Now instead of your injectors being the limiting factor, it'll be the pump.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those siemens units are quality pieces. I run them in the suburban (537), the 346 paxton vette (750-800), ran em in my old 346 turbo vette (710), etc.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I just checked they are 6mm x 1.0 and will need 30mm lenght.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by supersub
I just checked they are 6mm x 1.0 and will need 30mm lenght.
6mm x 1.0? You mean 6mm head with a 10mm x 30mm bolt?

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
You're not going to use more fuel, you'll just have more available when you need it. Now instead of your injectors being the limiting factor, it'll be the pump.
Right, but if the pump has been doing a good job, it should still be fine i would think, Its not like im asking all that much more from it. Im trying to figure out if there will really be that much more demand on the pump or not. I see from 59 - 63psi depending on TPS, so what would my IFR be with the injectors?

Quick Reply: Time to refuel for more boost?