FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

towing with STS, Jerry, you here?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 05:21 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks I do like the looks of her. I'm really tempted to throw on my unused 60-1 turbo.

I was kind of wondering about that, I'll try the flat road test you mentioned, I'm going to check the pyro against my temp gun too.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:55 AM

Sorry for bringing this back up for those of you sick at looking at it,lol.
I have been plaing around with HPtuner and I found COT. Cat over temp, I don't have cats and it is diabled now, but I was thinking if I could set it to come on at say 1,400 deg. I wonder if it would help?, The hard part is from what I understand the cot comes on when the ECM "Thinks" the egts are high. So any ideas or comments?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:02 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Sorry for bringing this back up for those of you sick at looking at it,lol.
I have been plaing around with HPtuner and I found COT. Cat over temp, I don't have cats and it is diabled now, but I was thinking if I could set it to come on at say 1,400 deg. I wonder if it would help?, The hard part is from what I understand the cot comes on when the ECM "Thinks" the egts are high. So any ideas or comments?
With the cats removed it may be an interesting test to do...I know that if you have them and the COT is on you will destroy the cats from the added fuel.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
With the cats removed it may be an interesting test to do...I know that if you have them and the COT is on you will destroy the cats from the added fuel.
I thought it was the other way around, the cot is to protect the cats from high EGT by adding fuel?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I thought it was the other way around, the cot is to protect the cats from high EGT by adding fuel?
Me Too
Old 12-08-2005, 12:30 PM
blownerator

with the added temp of boost, it will go into cat over temp more often and flood the cats with fuel. That coupled with PE is a deadly combo for the cats.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:20 PM

so the COT will still come on in P.E?
That makes this much harder...
I did just go try out the cot enabled up a hill near my house, I normally can get the EGTs to hit 1600 pretty easy, and crusing up the hill they will hit 1400 to 1500.
with the cot and not in P.E (as far as I can tell) the truck would not go past 1,500 with me riding the bakes. a/f commanded was 11.35:1, wideband was showing 12:1.
At the top of the hill with the cot running and my tp at 35 % I went to wot. a/f went to 11.65:1 alittle richer than with out cot enabled but not much. This is why I thought cot was disabled by the ECM in P.E mode.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:54 PM
blownerator

so the COT will still come on in P.E?
That makes this much harder...
I did just go try out the cot enabled up a hill near my house, I normally can get the EGTs to hit 1600 pretty easy, and crusing up the hill they will hit 1400 to 1500.
with the cot and not in P.E (as far as I can tell) the truck would not go past 1,500 with me riding the bakes. a/f commanded was 11.35:1, wideband was showing 12:1.
At the top of the hill with the cot running and my tp at 35 % I went to wot. a/f went to 11.65:1 alittle richer than with out cot enabled but not much. This is why I thought cot was disabled by the ECM in P.E mode.

A tuner I am not, my understanding is that the COT will come on with the PE. YOu might want to double check and make sure.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:07 PM

I too only wish I could tune, I will check and make sure cot does not richen P.E a/f more. Now if I could get all the bugs worked out of this EGT cot idea of mine, maybe I'll find another job to help pay for the fuel it costs to run in cot all the time.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

FWIW, when both COT and PE are commanded at the same time, the PCM will use which ever is richer and use that for the commanded A/F.

Quick Reply: towing with STS, Jerry, you here?