FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Trick Performance Kit ordered need help with the other necessities?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

those injectors look like they will work.

for 500 hp, your turbo should only have a 3 inch dp, so a full 3 inch exhaust will be perfect.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Decided to go with 4" just to be prepared for future upgrades. Thinking of a mbrp sysrem. The only way to get 4" would be to order 2009 6.6 diesel dpf back kit. Will this get me close to the down pipe?

2009 Chevy Silverado 2500 MBRP Exhaust Systems - RealTruck.com

I think heartthob makes a 4" catback for the 1500 ltz with a 6.2 wonder if it would be a better fit. Thanks
Old 01-25-2016, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My hats off to you if you actually start Friday and take kids to school Monday, with the exhaust, gauges, intercooler mounting, and all hoses routed and plumbed properly. Plus what's the fun in setting up a dyno appt only to be sent home needing a fuel pump?
Old 01-25-2016, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
My hats off to you if you actually start Friday and take kids to school Monday, with the exhaust, gauges, intercooler mounting, and all hoses routed and plumbed properly. Plus what's the fun in setting up a dyno appt only to be sent home needing a fuel pump?
If I start friday afternoon about 8 hours of work easily put in 16 hours on Saturday and Sunday more if needed. Plenty of time. As far as fuel pump seems like the flex fuel pump will be enough for my hp goals from what i am told and read.
Do they make a drop in fuel pump for 09 just in case i need one?
Old 01-25-2016, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crashmymax
If I start friday afternoon about 8 hours of work easily put in 16 hours on Saturday and Sunday more if needed. Plenty of time. As far as fuel pump seems like the flex fuel pump will be enough for my hp goals from what i am told and read.
Do they make a drop in fuel pump for 09 just in case i need one?
It can be done, please post your progress when you dig in!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

I can also mount up the intercooler on one weekend so its done and out of the way then tackle the rest on the next weekend.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

only take an hour to mount it but you could def do it ahead of time and just tape over the pipes going to and from it.

with my instal, the longest most painful part was drilling and tapping the pan cause I was a wuss.

drill
clean
grease
drill
clean
grease
drill
clean
grease

tap
clean
grease
tap
clean
grease
tap
clean
grease
tap
clean
grease
Old 01-25-2016, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Choda
only take an hour to mount it but you could def do it ahead of time and just tape over the pipes going to and from it.

with my instal, the longest most painful part was drilling and tapping the pan cause I was a wuss.

dril
grease
tap
clean
grease
tap
clean
grease
Think it would have been easier to drop the pan? Did you like the location you put it. I'll look through your build again and see if there is a good picture.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

Ordered new bosch ev14 80# injectors hopefully they are quality injectors getting them from fuel injector connection. Recived my dash logic today but it was the wrong one. They did not offer to pay return shipping even though it was there mistake. I think i have all parts ordered now just got to wait for the turbo kit to arrive. Was going to order a diesel exhaust but not sure how well it will fit. So going to wing it for now.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crashmymax
Ordered new bosch ev14 80# injectors hopefully they are quality injectors getting them from fuel injector connection. Recived my dash logic today but it was the wrong one. They did not offer to pay return shipping even though it was there mistake. I think i have all parts ordered now just got to wait for the turbo kit to arrive. Was going to order a diesel exhaust but not sure how well it will fit. So going to wing it for now.
Where'd you get the Dash Logic from? You could always take the kids to school open downpipe then head to the muffler shop for a custom 3" or 4" system...

Quick Reply: Trick Performance Kit ordered need help with the other necessities?