FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Trick Performance Products :: New Product announcement

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
No problem, it will be a liitle while before finishing that layout. The IC gets pretty interesting.
No hurries... no worries.

Hope you guys are thinking ahead... get an 07 truck in there asap... and see what you can transfer over. Model transistion periods can be tough for the aftermarket. Hopefully engine bay layout won't be a whole lot different. Seen the new Tahoe up close... new trucks are rolling into the dealership where my wife works. May have to snap a few pics

Bill
Old 10-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

sweet
Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by nightrunner
at least he didnt do what texas speed and performance did and say that they were building one and needed test vehicles and said it would be done on a date and then you never hear from them again lol

My comments should be taken at face value. No dis implied.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by billreid1@***.net
...May have to snap a few pics

Bill
Here's a couple engine compartment pics for those interested to see whats under the hood of an 07 Silvy... so they can plan for twins in their future truck

Old 10-20-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks painfully similar to our current trucks. Looks like the 07 is more evolutionary than revolutionary.

I like how they moved the battery over the the passenger side and got the weight off the nose. No more Chevy lean?

I think both the current Trick Performance kit and STS's wouldn't be far off from fitting as they are now. A log manifold on the driver's side looks like it might be the only way for a twin.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:59 PM

I have more pics... mostly closeups and different angles of the exhaust area. I was trying to imagine a low slung C5/C6 Corvette Twin Turbo kit (manifold and turbo placment)... as well as top mounts. We'll see how much retrofitting can be done... without total reinvention of some parts. Also, Kenne Bell has their intake on the driver side... will make it easier for them... assuming no firewall encroachment on the back of the S/C.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Truck Sponsor

Looks like the standard package would fit, that AC line might need a little tweeking out of the way, hard to tell.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Looks like the standard package would fit, that AC line might need a little tweeking out of the way, hard to tell.
I have more pics if you have more questions... and I can go back to the truck on the lot if need be... assuming its not sold. Funny how people gravitate to a new product... epsecially when somebody is snapping a bunch of pics in and around it

Bottom line is if the hot parts are interchangeable... then your work is more than half done... and you are 2 steps ahead of the competition when it comes to time supporting the new Silverado. Can you remember hearing crickets back in 1999?... 2 years after the GENIII motor appears in the C5... a year after the F-Body. I do. Company backed turbo kits for Silverado's... the selection is sparse. I know demographics and general overall purpose of the Silverado plays a huge role in how its supported in the aftermarket community. But guys modding trucks is growing... they are getting more powerful and faster every year.

Bill
Old 10-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Truck Sponsor

Thanks Bill, I will post up pics of simular angles as your so we can try to determine fittment possiblities.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Those engine bay pics are so clean and Purdyyy.

Quick Reply: Trick Performance Products :: New Product announcement