FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Denali08
it's T76 BB Q-trim that came with stage-4 TrickPerf kit. 76mm .96a/r, 67mm exh turbine. 3" DP.
That small exhaust wheel and 3" DP will hold you back a little when you start turning the boost up. At 9psi you should be able to run it up to 6k+ but at 15psi you will have to limit the rpms a bit. If you ever decide to really push your truck you will want to switch to a turbo with a bigger exhaust wheel and bigger down pipe. My truck with a 3" DP and same turbo you have made 630rwhp on 14psi. I now hav a 3.5" DP, pt7675 and 4" exhaust and it makes a lot more power and pulls strong all the way to 6k.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will be more than happy with 600+rwhp. Later, if I go for more, it will be 4L80E swap and a different turbo/DP/exhaust setup.

I don't plan to turn it more than 6K rpm to keep my tansmission happy.

My current exhaust setup is 3" DP connected to 3" pipe through 3" Varex muffler(remote controlled muffler). The muffler is straight through when set to open position and is said to be tried on 800rwhp turbo cars.

I put this muffler to stay away from trouble with police and make my family and naighbours happy, too. Even myself I never felt happier without my Varex remote controlled muffler. It's a nice peice of art SS.

Last edited by Denali08; 03-12-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Denali08
We will see how things will go with the tune. The tuner is confident that he can handle it in one session tuning for 15psi. He wants to save his time and my cost for tuning. According to him tuning in two steps, for 9psi then for 15psi, will be similar to tuning twice time cost wise.
So set it up for 15psi with a 1bar (stock) MAF and a 511grams per second limit on your ECM, with a MAF only tune. Am I missing something or will there be fireworks??
Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Turbo kit is completed.

WG now has 9 psi spring. Hallman MBC was installed. It's now ready for fuel system install in one of my friends shop. I will also install colder spark plugs TR6 or TR7 and 3.3-bar dmax map sensor to tune it SD.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-final-turbo-project-pics1.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-final-turbo-project-pics4.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-final-turbo-project-pics2.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-final-turbo-project-pics6.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you have to get a different map sensor?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by darnie
do you have to get a different map sensor?
It depends. To tune it mafless (Speed Density) tune, yes you need a map sensor that can read boost 2 or 3-bar map. The stock map(1 bar) can read vacuum only. 2-bar map will read upto 14.7psi say 15psi. 3-bar will read twise that (30psi).

It can be tuned on stock map (MAF tune) but if going high boost and hp, the MAF can be maxed and then cannot commaned enough fuel to PCM for the higher flow that it cannot read.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

In this pic, the IC is low for my taste. I am thinking in future to try and move it up 2-3 inches. There was a reason for that as mentioned in a previous post. The hood latch mechanism on 2003+ trucks protrudes to the front more that 99-02 trucks. I noticed the difference in the pic that Rick posted before in this thread.

You can see the cold pipes and BOV under the bumper but nothing dangling. It will be covered completely when I put back the air valance.

Last edited by Denali08; 03-12-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Glad you got it all ready for dumping.

I am still a little lost why the shop couldn't have used the supply brackets. ???
The only difference in this mount and yours. The middle bosses are farther apart on the 4" core. And being a 4" core farther away, because they are in the middle front to rear.
Name:  1359074048.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  138.4 KB

Your bottom pipes curve should be just barely missing that cross frame bar. That had the plastic skid plate attached. If you have a bunch there. See if you still have the brackets that came with the kit.

Looking forward to seeing what the tuning will do for it.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Glad you got it all ready for dumping.

I am still a little lost why the shop couldn't have used the supply brackets. ???
The only difference in this mount and yours. The middle bosses are farther apart on the 4" core. And being a 4" core farther away, because they are in the middle front to rear.

Your bottom pipes curve should be just barely missing that cross frame bar. That had the plastic skid plate attached. If you have a bunch there. See if you still have the brackets that came with the kit.

Looking forward to seeing what the tuning will do for it.
Thanks for the support you provided. Everyone who saw the final installed product was amazed of how nicely the kit is put together. There are small things that I mentioned that will help u take care of it for future customers like including oil adapter fitting for oil feed, water cooling fittings for BB turbo and WG flange position on cross over pipe. For me those were not big issues and will not touch the quality of your product.

I will attach a pic from the top of my installed IC that might explain why 4" IC on 2003+ trucks might not be pushed up without interfering with hood latch.
I think I still have almost 1 inch left to raise the IC and will try to do it later.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-image.jpg  

Last edited by Denali08; 03-13-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Yea after seeing your build, and getting your feed back.
We now have installation instructions,
For the intercooler
Oil line kit and
Working on the rest as time allows.

Adding a few more parts to the builds, to make the installs go easier on the customer.
Even working on some new builds with different parts.

Could you get me a pic straight on the hood latch area from the front?

Thanks looking forward to your Dyno session.

Quick Reply: TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come