FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Your welcome, glad you are getting to install the set up.
Let me know if you need anything.

Rick
I sent u an e-mail about an issue with the WG hitting the transmission oil pan. Either the cross over pipe sits close to tans oil pan or the flange on the cross over pipe for WG sticks out more than needed.

Last edited by Denali08; 03-02-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

So far, monted the IC and connected cold pipes upto TB. Also connected the cross over pipe but will have to take it out to resolve the issue of the WG hitting the transmission oil pan. It's stock transmission with stock oil pan.

Either will cut the flange shorter to mount the WG in same place or will cut and relocated the flange somewhere.

Will add pics later.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-image.jpg  
Old 03-03-2013, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Your WG flange looks like its about an inch longer than mine.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Choda
Your WG flange looks like its about an inch longer than mine.
This is exactly what I noticed by comparing to other pics that I saw for same kit on some customers trucks.

No big deal, will just cut it shorter and re-weld it.

I have another concern which is placing tru-cool 40K Trans oil cooler behind the IC. Is it going to cause overheating of Trans?

Isn't Trans oil cooler in front of the IC going to lower IC efficiency and blow hot air at the IC??

Should I keep it this way and run it or relocate the oil cooler to the front of the IC?

Last edited by Denali08; 03-03-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I prefer the tran cooler up front. It's smaller and more important to keep it as cool as possible. The intercooler is so large that little coverage will not effect it's overall performance.
Different layout but this shows what I'm talking about.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
I prefer the tran cooler up front. It's smaller and more important to keep it as cool as possible. The intercooler is so large that little coverage will not effect it's overall performance.
Different layout but this shows what I'm talking about.
The issue is that tru-cool trans cooler is kinda larger and will almost cover the whole front of the IC. See below.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

x2, thats one thing i was going to ask once i do my swap. weres a good place to mount the trans go cooler
Old 03-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I would still put in front.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I started thinking to remove the tru-cooler and replace it with fan cooled oil cooler placed at the passenger front side corner in the same place of the stock air filter box.

Now can anyone advise me of a properly sized efficient fan cooled oil cooler. I have seen some on summit racing but not sure which one to get. Looking for most efficient one that fit and perform at that place. Any PN?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

I went through the same thing and what I did was put the cooler behind the ic and as far up as possible. The top of the cooler is against the bottom of the support and half the cooler is above the top of the ic.

My trans is 90-100 degrees so far. That's routed through the rad still and it's winter here in buffalo. When summer hits I'll skip the rad.

When I do this I'm going to make new brackets and pull the ic out away from the support bracket another 1.5 to 2 inches just allowing more flow in there. Check my update to the tru cool thread.

If u really want a fan one. U can mount it anywhere u want. Even in the back of the truck under neath. Doesn't need to be in the front. Find the place where u wanna mount it and measure the l and w. Buy the biggest cooler w fan u can fit in there. B and m is nice and I used them in my car.

Also if ur cutting and re welding the WG flange, think about turning it so the dump is facing right so u can have a nice 90 dump or even straight down to the ground. Mine has. Little angle on it and I'll be tweaking it

Last edited by Choda; 03-06-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Quick Reply: TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come