FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will take it to exhaust shop to cut and adjust the flange location to make sure the WG will clear the oil pan.

Another thing I noticed is that this WG hight is more than the one I posted in the previous picture. Combine that with lower cross over pipe and it's WG saying hello to the oil pan.

Could be also my cross over pipe diameter is larger, not sure though.

Rick mentioned something about 4L80E pan having dented corner compared to my 60E pan.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya, im interested to see how you get er to fit. maybe rick will make it alittle different when i get my kit looks good tho so far.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Either will turn it downward 45deg to clear the oil pan or will relocate it to pass side corner of the cross over pipe next to, and parallel to the DP.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Denali08
once water cooling connections are done, will fire it up to check for leaks then off to the exhaust shop for WG flange adjustment and connection of DP to the 3" muffler/tail pipe.

Rick, should I relocate the WG mounting flange or just cut it and rotate it downward little to clear the trans oil pan then re-weld it?

I noticed that my corss over pipe sits further backward and lower compared to pics that I've seen on the forums. So, no matter what cutting I do to shorten the WG mounting flange, it will not clear the trans oil pan beacuse it's so close to it.
I would cut and angle towards pass side for clearance. No need to make a new hole etc.
the water fittings are not supplied. Some customers run them some don't.
I believe the instructions on the turbo said if not running water lines. The housing must be filled with antifreeze and plugs reinstalled.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Truck Sponsor

Name:  1362777396_zps15669bb3.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  79.3 KB
Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

so for the waste gate we'll have to cut and turn it alittle for clearance? jw keeping up with this so i know what to do haha
Old 03-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Truck Sponsor

Not at all. When you order your kit;
the gate will not be a problem.
Not exactly sure why it happened.
But gonna make sure it doesn't happen again.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds good to me hopefully ill be able to get my kit in a few months if all goes well
Old 03-09-2013, 03:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
I would cut and angle toward pass side for clearance. No need to make a new hole etc.
the water fittings are not supplied. Some customers run them some don't.
I believe the instructions on the turbo said if not running water lines. The housing must be filled with antifreeze and plugs reinstalled.
Rick, I am afraid it cannot be angled without hitting the DP or the edge of the oil pan.

See attached pics showing why my DP is different. It sits further back toward the trans oil pan while the first pic shows dp pushed forward toward the transmission bellhousing and away from the trans oil pan.

Also, my WG total hight, from bottom flange to top of the gate, is more than the WG shown in the 1st pic. These are my observation of what could be the reason for the WG not fitting and hitting the trans oil pan.

So, my options are to relocate the WG flange to the corner near the DP keeping same direction, parallel to the ground or to angle it downward keeping it in the same position.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-flange-installed.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-flange-1.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-flange-2.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-flange-3.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-image1.jpg  

Old 03-09-2013, 03:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

See these two pics for DP vs WG flange.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-dp-my-truck-turbo.jpeg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-dp-vs-wg.jpg  

Quick Reply: TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come