FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Denali08
Did ur truck come stock with e-fans? If yes, then u already have 34" radiator.

Here is bigger picture of the 28" radiator. You can compare to yours without measuring. The 34" radaitor will not have enough space to run the cold pipes beween the radiator and the head lights.

Hey that's mine!!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by o2camaross
Hey that's mine!!
What's in that can, Cola.

I had the pic saved in my laptop long time before I order my kit. Would live to route the pipes that way but did's want to swap from 34" Rad to 28" and then my 05+ e-fans won't fit, also.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

i took a look at the truck today im pretty sure i got the 34" radiator but theres alot of room i can work with between the light and what not, would you guys recommend using heat wrap around the plastic stuff tho? just a though
Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job so far. Boost is so much fun. What motor is in the truck? In post #46 picture two I see it looks like a factory steel line that was cut then had a piece of rubber line spliced onto it? What is that the tranny cooler line?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's in my signature.

Yes that's the trans cooler line. I installed a tru-cool cooler in front of the IC.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Denali08
It's in my signature.

Yes that's the trans cooler line. I installed a tru-cool cooler in front of the IC.
Oh OK. did you have to flair the ends of the steel line to make the rubber hose stay on the factory steel tranny line? Only reason I ask it because when I first got my truck somebody had spliced in a transmission cooler the same way and I could not get the rubber hose to stop slipping off. It had like 4 hose clamps on it to try and keep it on and no matter what it just kept blowing off. I ended up just trashing the lines and going with the press lock lines. After the rubber lines slipped off like 4 times. Made a big mess every time to. It mostly happened when drive so of course I'd never catch it until the trans was slipping from no fluid. Maybe your is hold up fine but mine didn't at all.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shawnss
Oh OK. did you have to flair the ends of the steel line to make the rubber hose stay on the factory steel tranny line? Only reason I ask it because when I first got my truck somebody had spliced in a transmission cooler the same way and I could not get the rubber hose to stop slipping off. It had like 4 hose clamps on it to try and keep it on and no matter what it just kept blowing off. I ended up just trashing the lines and going with the press lock lines. After the rubber lines slipped off like 4 times. Made a big mess every time to. It mostly happened when drive so of course I'd never catch it until the trans was slipping from no fluid. Maybe your is hold up fine but mine didn't at all.
Thanks for the heads up. Honestly it did not come to my mind but I will ask the shop before I collect my truck. I am not sure what they did but I am sure they cut the steel line to fit the hose.

I have bought 3/8" hose barb compression fittings long time long time before the install and I forgot to give it to the shop to make neat connections. Reason is that I waited 4 months to start the install.

I will take fittings with me to fix that hose.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-hose-barb-compression-fittings.jpg  
Old 03-10-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok. Here is the final product with flange WG cut and turned down a little, the WG now fits.

In one of the pics, it can be seen why it did not fit originally. If the flange was made at the red circle, toward the DP, there would be no problem to fit the WG at all.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-welding1.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-welding3.jpeg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-welding4.jpeg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-welding5.jpeg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-wg-welding6.jpeg  

Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I elected to connect the DP to the exhaust pipe going to the muffler using flanges for easier removal later.

So a less than a meter 3" pipe was used to connect the DP to the exhaust pipe using flanges. See pics.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-finally-truck-turbo-kit5.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-finally-truck-turbo-kit4.jpg   TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-finally-truck-turbo-kit3.jpg  
Old 03-10-2013, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a pic for oil drain back to the oil pan. Drilled front pass side of the oil pan as suggested by Rick.

I was going to put 9 psi spring in the gate, tune it and then use the boost controller to go higher boost upto 15psi. But tuner said better put the two springs 6+9 for 15 psi and tune it one time so save the hassle. So, I decided to leave the hallman MBC sintall to later. Will tune it for 15psi.

Next will be to install fuel injectors, inline magnafuel pump MP-4301 and 8AN fuel line using Bulkhead fitting at the tank rear.

Also, will install my RX Catch Can w/ Dual Check Valves. Colder spark plug. I have both TR6 and TR7 spark plugs. Tuner says TR6 will be fine at 15 psi.

Then will be dyno tuning. I hope I can finish everything by this coming Wed or Thursday.

Will post dyno result and hopefully I can put some videos up.

Anyone guess what numbers I should expect at 15 psi on this setup?

Later, I will install my MSD 2-step for building boost at the line in the track. Also, I have line lock from a previous Camaro Project, brand new, that I might install. Although I am not building the truck for pure track.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-finally-truck-turbo-kit1.jpg  

Quick Reply: TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come