FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Go ahead and use se zip ties. And tie the oil drain line in place so it will not bump you ac compressor pulley or belt.

Not sure about jumping to 15 psi all at once.
I like your idea. Stating small and working up. That's what the boost controller is for.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Go ahead and use se zip ties. And tie the oil drain line in place so it will not bump you ac compressor pulley or belt.

Not sure about jumping to 15 psi all at once.
I like your idea. Stating small and working up. That's what the boost controller is for.
Thanks for the advice. It's already zip tied to the cold pipe going from the turbo to IC. So, that oil drain line will not move an inch from it's place.

Here is a closer pic although the zip tie is not showing in the pic.

We will see how things will go with the tune. The tuner is confident that he can handle it in one session tuning for 15psi. He wants to save his time and my cost for tuning. According to him tuning in two steps, for 9psi then for 15psi, will be similar to tuning twice time cost wise.
Attached Thumbnails TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come-turbo-oil-drain-line.jpg  
Old 03-11-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by o2camaross
I wouldn't want to use the Iat in the maf bc the maf is just another obstacle in the intake path. Its too easy to just get a iat sensor and set it up
Originally Posted by 2ktransam
Just buy this 2 bar sensor which is a direct swap. If you aren't going over 15psi you don't need to lose the resolution by going to the 3.3bar sensor.
GM 2 Bar LS1 Map Sensor 1258068 | eBay

If you decide to get rid of your maf then you can buy a sensor like this.
FAST Air Temperature Sensors 30086 - SummitRacing.com

If you go with an iat sensor like that you have to cut two wires out of the maf harness and run to the iat sensor. You don't need a bung for it. I drilled and tapped my intercooler pipe and put it in with rtv and it hasn't leaked in 5 years. You can leave your maf in but I have blown two of them in half so I deleted it out.
Two good posts from my other thread about tuning with stock map, thanks go to 2ktransam. I like it when people give you info supported with part numbers and/or links.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Denali08
Thanks for the advice. It's already zip tied to the cold pipe going from the turbo to IC. So, that oil drain line will not move an inch from it's place.

Here is a closer pic although the zip tie is not showing in the pic.

We will see how things will go with the tune. The tuner is confident that he can handle it in one session tuning for 15psi. He wants to save his time and my cost for tuning. According to him tuning in two steps, for 9psi then for 15psi, will be similar to tuning twice time cost wise.
I don't know if I would jump all the way to 15psi. Start with 9-10psi until you get used to it and then start turning it up. If you use a 2 bar setup it doesn't take long to dial the tune in at higher boost. I just tuned my turbo s10 at 9psi in about half an hour on the street. When I turn the boost up it should only take a couple of pulls to dial it in at the new boost level. The nice thing about 2 bar SD tuning is you can run any boost level. I pull a lot with my big truck so I have it tuned from 1psi to 18psi. I run low boost (10psi) all of the time until I want more and then flip a switch and go to 15-18 psi.

Last edited by 2ktransam; 03-11-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
I don't know if I would jump all the way to 15psi. Start with 9-10psi until you get used to it and then start turning it up. If you use a 2 bar setup it doesn't take long to dial the tune in at higher boost. I just tuned my turbo s10 at 9psi in about half an hour on the street. When I turn the boost up it should only take a couple of pulls to dial it in at the new boost level. The nice thing about 2 bar SD tuning is you can run any boost level. I pull a lot with my big truck so I have it tuned from 1psi to 18psi. I run low boost (10psi) all of the time until I want more and then flip a switch and go to 15-18 psi.
Ok. Large green spring only is in the precision 46mm WG for 9 psi. Will tune it first SD using 9psi spring.

I checked with another person who know about tuning and he told me that what the tuner is talking about is MAF tune (not SD) with stock map. He will rescale the MAF to make the max maf reading work to the limit fueling 15psi or something like that. Not sure I used the correct words to describe it.

So, he was talking about maf tune not SD tune.

Also, I don't think my stock 4L65E with trans go shift kit will be happy with 15psi.

Anyone take a guess what rwhp I should expect at 9psi and also at 15psi?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would guess 500-525rwhp on 9psi with your cam. On 15psi it should be 675+ depending on which 76mm turbo you have. What exhaust wheel does your turbo have? I would recommend getting a meth kit before you push 15psi on pump gas.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's T76 BB Q-trim that came with stage-4 TrickPerf kit. 76mm .96a/r, 67mm exh turbine. 3" DP.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also note that the 9lb spring may be 14lb in your setup,at least it is in mine...but i'm running the smaller precision wastegate.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1969x11
Also note that the 9lb spring may be 14lb in your setup,at least it is in mine...but i'm running the smaller precision wastegate.
Interesting note! Why would it be 14Ib with 9Ib spring?

Is it because of gate restriction? should I worry about over boosting more than the WG spring rating with Precision 46mm gate.

I should keep an eye on boost gauge then when tuning it with 9Ib spring.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It may be 9 lb in your setup if so, then its a 9lb spring lol! I guess it all depends on where and at what angle the gate is mounted. Mine happens to be mounted on the log.I still had a nice rich afr so I just tuned for 13-14psi bitch is scary!!

Quick Reply: TrickPer Turbo Kit Install...Here I come