FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Truck under-go's turbo relocation surgery

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHERE DO YOU LIVE....

That first picture looks like you have all the piping along the curb by the can for the trash man to pick up!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great work man.... that thing looks sick, great lookin manifold.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:08 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, very nice work indeed. damn. to beable to complete a project in a week and have it look THAT good.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Veteran

I have to vouch for this mod as well. I ditched my STS setup a few months ago when I did my tranny swap. I'm running a low mount setup, and with the same turbo and wastegate the spool time was like night and day. I had a wrapped STS setup too and my current setup is unwrapped. I can only imagine what wrapping it will bring.

I say run the bigger turbo Kyle, you'll like it. Nice job and are you able to build driver's side manifolds too? I think I'll be pm'ing you.

BTW, 4.8's aren't sluggish down low when you have boost like a Radix.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:51 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great Kyle! You can get away from those shady Wyoming chicks even faster now!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks, Guys! I'm pretty happy with it, just have those few little issues to sort out. Don't know if I'll get the 60' times much lower as I got a 1.76 out of it with the STS, brake stalling it to 10lbs, but I think it will brake stall MUCH faster now.

Todd, I could build a driver side manifold, but I don't think it would flow any better then the stock manifolds, they flow pretty well for turbos, unless your talking about twins .

I could have had everything coated, but there's no place even close to me that does that and would have have to send it out to have it done, but I didn't want to wait 2+ week and spend the 3-400 bucks it would have cost to have it done, so I just wrapped everything.

I have a verity of turbine housing I could try, .81 and .96, but I really like how it spools now, and I like to build my stuff to be fun to drive, not necessarily be the fastest or the biggest HP#.

Oh ya, and logs don't work,
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
Looks great Kyle! You can get away from those shady Wyoming chicks even faster now!
If your talking about shady as in good to stand next to when it's sunny out cuz they block a lot of sun light , we have a lot of those around here
Old 07-23-2007, 11:27 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
If your talking about shady as in good to stand next to when it's sunny out cuz they block a lot of sun light , we have a lot of those around here

Hahahahahah that literally made me LOL....people at work probably think I' crazy now, thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by thunder550
people at work probably think I' crazy now, thanks
I'm sure they know you're crazy, considering you wear turbo blankets on your head.

And yes I'm talking about twins. A big single won't fit where I have mine now, so I want to make the move to twins when the 408 goes in.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks It's a T60-1 with a .68 A/R exhaust. I've got a MP T70 planed for when I build a bigger motor, thinking of putting it on to see how it spools on the "little" 4.8, lol
man that thing has got to be spoolin really quick with that a/r. Isn't the air thinner where you are as well. If you like the .68 you will hate the .96 it will take longer to spool up, especially since now your use to the .68.

Thanks, Guys! I'm pretty happy with it, just have those few little issues to sort out. Don't know if I'll get the 60' times much lower as I got a 1.76 out of it with the STS, brake stalling it to 10lbs, but I think it will brake stall MUCH faster now.

Todd, I could build a driver side manifold, but I don't think it would flow any better then the stock manifolds, they flow pretty well for turbos, unless your talking about twins .

I could have had everything coated, but there's no place even close to me that does that and would have have to send it out to have it done, but I didn't want to wait 2+ week and spend the 3-400 bucks it would have cost to have it done, so I just wrapped everything.

I have a verity of turbine housing I could try, .81 and .96, but I really like how it spools now, and I like to build my stuff to be fun to drive, not necessarily be the fastest or the biggest HP#.

Oh ya, and logs don't work,

Rick

Quick Reply: Truck under-go's turbo relocation surgery