FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Truck under-go's turbo relocation surgery

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
It's cool, guys, I've been planing to build this turbo setup like this since WELL before the trick kit came out, (ask thunder550, or Spoolin )

Well, I got the exhause leak fixed, damn crappy v-band had to build a .050 spacer to put in between the the flanges to space them far enough for the clamp to put them tight. I think I'm going to have to raise my oil drain hole though, still getting a little bit of blue smoke when I let off the gas after making a run even with a .075 restricter in the oil feed . I'll try to get a vid done. I think my camera will do it, I've never tried it before. But I have to tell ya, I'm loving the spool .
yea vbands are none for not sealing. The clamps are sensitive, if you over tighten then any the metal V spreads and you close clamping force. Good thing you had access to the machine to build the spacer. Did the leak cause you to loose any boost, or was it just an anoying noise.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
Come on now guys. Im just messin around I told him earlier it looked good so don't get your panties all in a ruffle.
Don't worry about it man . Trick has a nice kit, but they were by no means the first. In fact I think the kit I build for my dads truck I did before Trick released theres and its this same style. Thunder550 has probably about the first kit of this style. It was build by C-Motorsports for Parish 4-5 years ago. One thing i did take from the trick kit was the low mounted WG on the cross over.

Hey, did you make it out to Bandimere Sunday for the truck races? I was thinking it was next Sunday and my truck wasn't really ready yesterday to go down there . But I think I'm going to be hitting the track up here for some disappointing high altitude numbers this Saturday

Last edited by kbracing96; 07-23-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
yea vbands are none for not sealing. The clamps are sensitive, if you over tighten then any the metal V spreads and you close clamping force. Good thing you had access to the machine to build the spacer. Did the leak cause you to loose any boost, or was it just an anoying noise.
If you mean some aluminum from Ace and a pair of tin snips and a file, ya I had the tools, I think it boosted a tad quicker with it sealed up, but mostly just got rid of the noise (tick tick tick ) Don't think all be trying the .96 on the 4.8 any time soon , maybe on a 5.7 though.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Don't worry about it man . Trick has a nice kit, but they were by no means the first. In fact I think the kit I build for my dads truck I did before Trick released theres and its this same style. Thunder550 has probably about the first kit of this style. It was build by C-Motorsports for Parish 4-5 years ago. One thing i did take from the trick kit was the low mounted WG on the cross over.

Hey, did you make it out to Bandimere Sunday for the truck races? I was thinking it was next Sunday and my truck wasn't really ready yesterday to go down there . But I think I'm going to be hitting the track up here for some disappointing high altitude numbers this Saturday

Its cool , I didn't think people would get so bent out of shape with my comment. I just had to talk smack cause we like to give each other **** about our setups. No I didn't make it out for truck fest, Went to a car show with the T and put on a for sale sign. I need to get rid of it for a bigger toy. A few buddies went and said there was a **** load of trucks there. mostly lightnings runnin 12's. atleast mines quicker than my friend D-max Maybe next year. We should definately hook up some time at a track and see how slow we are. lol!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:10 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Same goes for the old 5.7 stuff turbonetics used to or still makes. They have a cast manifold though.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts

Yea, I always liked the old phrase, " If I offended you, I meant it the other way." We gotta try to give each other the benefit of the doubt. Only God knows how much I screw up everyday!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

KB...if you have traction issues I think I have a solution for you...just make sure she stays behine the rear axle.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 AM
12 Second Truck Club

MY EYES ARE BURNING
Old 07-24-2007, 09:01 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
KB...if you have traction issues I think I have a solution for you...just make sure she stays behine the rear axle.

What the F is wrong with you????

1SlowHoe, nice picture, but I still don't see any video, maybe KB still doesn't understand????
Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Haha Spoolin, but I have a magic little button I push that "fixes" all my traction issues . I tried to make a little boost gauge/speedo vid last night, but you could seen nothen, my camera doesn't like the dark even with the dome light on I'll try again to day after work.

Quick Reply: Truck under-go's turbo relocation surgery