FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

turbo 4.3 sonoma project.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea there is alot of room for a turbo manifold and the turbo. intercooler wouldnt be a problem either. the only thing i would be concered about is the plastic intake. wouldnt try to push too much boost through. anybody know if they make an intake manifold for them? would be interesting seeing the I-5 boosted to full pontential with stock internals.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Bowtie502
if only I wasnt a broke bastard id be on the way to you with my Colorado haha

Id LOOOOOVVEEE to see how the I-5 would do with some boost
Trick has a kit for the I-5. http://www.trickperformanceproducts....e_colorado.htm But for some reason most of the colorado guys like to stay slow?????
Old 12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by reiners88
yea there is alot of room for a turbo manifold and the turbo. intercooler wouldnt be a problem either. the only thing i would be concered about is the plastic intake. wouldnt try to push too much boost through. anybody know if they make an intake manifold for them? would be interesting seeing the I-5 boosted to full pontential with stock internals.
The big trucks and cars have plastic intakes too!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
Trick has a kit for the I-5. http://www.trickperformanceproducts....e_colorado.htm But for some reason most of the colorado guys like to stay slow?????
thats seems like a good price. if there isn't a lot of interest at that price then those Colorado guys are nuts.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
thats seems like a good price. if there isn't a lot of interest at that price then those Colorado guys are nuts.
I think is more of a demographics thing. Most guys who drive them do so cuz that's what they can afford, just a smaller less expensive truck. They just don't have the disposable income to spend that kinda money on turbo charging there trucks.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I used to hangout on a S10 board back when I had one before this truck. I built my first turbo kit on the truck and I was probable 1 of about 5or6 that had any kind of FI. Most of the members of that forum where young kids with out much money to spend. That's why they drove S10's.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I used to hangout on a S10 board back when I had one before this truck. I built my first turbo kit on the truck and I was probable 1 of about 5or6 that had any kind of FI. Most of the members of that forum where young kids with out much money to spend. That's why they drove S10's.
You are exactly correct my friend!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parish8
hell yeah, that would be a fun project. go rob a bank or something.

do they have hp tuners for your engine? is that a 4l60e tranny? if yes and yes then that thing is begging for some boost.
yep and yep..

and theres a HUGE area in the engine bay for a turbo

Originally Posted by reiners88
yeas it would be very cool.. and no, no one makes an non plastic intake for them

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
probably cause it hasnt been widely marketed? Ive seen several posts on the colorado forum asking about turbos and such and havent seen that kit posted..

another selling point would be maybe dyno numbers/ video/ etc etc etc
www.355nation.net is the Colorado forum

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I think is more of a demographics thing. Most guys who drive them do so cuz that's what they can afford, just a smaller less expensive truck. They just don't have the disposable income to spend that kinda money on turbo charging there trucks.
eh, there are several big budget colorados running around.. everyone is different..

there are 3 or 4 LS swapped colorados, one with a 12 bolt, 6.0, supercharger and T56

there are a few turbo runs running around, but more from people that never post. nor post pics or info about the swap/ build..

NO ONE makes ANYTHING for the I-5's its like a truck the aftermarket forgot.. JTR makes a header... thats it

they are still KINDA new I guess, and not enough ballsy enough people around to try boosting one to see where it pops..

I have a 3.7 (orginally had a 3.5)

Its rated at 242hp, 242tq. I would LOVE to build a forged bottom end and boost the **** out of it.. but money and trying to build my colorado and S10 wont allow me to experiment..

I have my old complete 3.5 I-5 just laying around.. something broke in the bottom end but I just havent pulled it down to see what
Old 12-07-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dadkins turbod one he had(still has). It was quick when he could keep a motor in it. One had the rod bolts let go on the dyno. Ive got pics in my photobucket I think.

edit:
Heres the rod

Piston

And one of the good pistons. HellbentS10s tune was good, too bad the motor couldnt keep up.

/end thread jack
Old 12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what did it put down?

Quick Reply: turbo 4.3 sonoma project.